Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a pool table

Options
  • 13-10-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

HI im looking to get a pool table i have the space for a 7 *4 table but when its not getting used i will need to move it out of the way to the side of the room.

Would a slate bed table be to heavy to push a few feet to the corner of the room when not in use i have laminate floor and was thinking of putting a rug under it to make it easier to push. Do you think this is possible or would i be better of with a wooden table.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

*BUMP*

I have the exact same problem & question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Get a jack on wheels and put it under the pool table. It just sits under the table when not in use. When you want to move it, jack it up and it takes the full weight of the table, its like moving a feather. No damage to the floor either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 EamonnHolt

as Dobman says, moving it any other way will damage the floor & will cause the table to develop rolls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 poolcues

Moving of a pool table takes lots of effort. Sice you know pool tables are large yet delicate pieces of furniture that can be difficult to move. One way of doimg this is by disassembling it. Or you can hire few helpers to lift the table and while doing so, do it vertically.

Advertisement