Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you become a criminal psychologist?

Options
  • 13-10-2013 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm in 6th year at the moment and trying to decide what to put on the CAO.. I know I want to be a criminal psychologist but I'm not too sure how I'd go about making it happen after the BA in Psychology (which I plan to do in UCC).

I'm sure I need a Masters at least to do what I want but I'm not sure what Masters to do and after that what Doctorate to do? Any information about degrees or courses relating to criminal psychology would be very useful.!

Thanks for reading.! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

well if your talking doctorate your looking at least 9 years in college minimum...4 for degree 1-2 for masters 4 for doctorate....never mind the cost..probably looking at about 25-30 grand for all that....definitely would encourage the psychology degree though followed by something like this http://www.ucc.ie/en/cke13/...hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ringthebells

auskid wrote: »
    well if your talking doctorate your looking at least 9 years in college minimum...4 for degree 1-2 for masters 4 for doctorate....never mind the cost..probably looking at about 25-30 grand for all that....definitely would encourage the psychology degree though followed by something like this http://www.ucc.ie/en/cke13/...hope this helps

The UCC Applied Psychology degree is only 3 years, and it is possible to go into a doctorate without having a masters. Some PhDs also only run for 3 years. So it's pretty changeable from situation to situation.

Advertisement