Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA Security / CCNP Kits

Options
  • 12-10-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on what equipment to buy and where to buy it. I've recently installed gns3 and I am open to the idea of using that and physical equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

T-K-O wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on what equipment to buy and where to buy it. I've recently installed gns3 and I am open to the idea of using that and physical equipment.

Would also be interested in a ccna sec kit or will gns3 suffice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

For the CCNA security exam using packet tracer, official certificate guide and ios/exam simulators (Boson seem to be the best for Cisco).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

All you need for the CCNP (assuming R&S) is a couple of decent l3 switches. All routing stuff can be done in GNS3.

Kinet1c wrote: »
    For the CCNA security exam using packet tracer, official certificate guide and ios/exam simulators (Boson seem to be the best for Cisco).

What about ASA stuff

Crosáidí wrote: »
    What about ASA stuff

This is an assumption but I can see the Boson software emulating it. I'll check shortly.

Edit: apparently not, just practice exams from them on CCNA security. http://www.boson.com/practice-exam/640-554-cisco-ccna-security-practice-exam

• Advertisement

This is an assumption but I can see the Boson software emulating it. I'll check shortly.

Edit: apparently not, just practice exams from them on CCNA security. http://www.boson.com/practice-exam/640-554-cisco-ccna-security-practice-exam

Would GNS3 emulate it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Would GNS3 emulate it

Yes, you just need a ADV security image for zone based firewalls. The ccnp goes more into depth on the Asa's, including fail over.

So watched some cbtnuggets working with GNS3 vids last night (would recommend them) and got ASA going on it. Just need to load the ASDM image and set up a host pc to use the GUI

What's the content like? I found CCNA relatively ok to watch/read.

What's the content like? I found CCNA relatively ok to watch/read.

Only watched 2 vids just to get the ASA going, got the CLI working but need to configure it for the GUI. It's done by Keith Barker who also does the CCNA Security nuggets. It's good for a walkthrough for setting up GNS3 with all the bells and whistles on.
    Keith Barker does a good series on Wireshark also

• Advertisement

I've actually got the CCNA Security videos from Chris Bryant on Udemy. His CCNA videos were very helpful.

Advertisement