Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom wireless

Options
  • 12-10-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Someone please help me,my laptop will not stay connected to Eircom wireless.It will work great with UPC but i cant get it where i live.It works with cable no problem.My partner has the same type laptop and it works perfect.It seems to reach a number in events and disconnects any ideas.Thanks maximc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

you might want to call eircom. Does it work wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Did you change routers?

You need a wireless router, I assume the UPC one is cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maximc

All other laptops and phones work of off same router ,upc is wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maximc

yes it works wired,maybe something wrong with laptop,It dose not work on any eircom router

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

hmm, thats odd, if it picks up wireless. The only thing I can think off that might be causing a problem is the wifi key.
    Was UPC WPA2 wifi key? Most routers are now.

Can you try setting your eircom router to an "open" key(no key), and see if you can connect then?

Use your ip in browser as the URL, it should bring you to router settings. (or call eircom, they'll walk you through changing the key).

• Advertisement
Advertisement