Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider sensitive

Options
  • 11-10-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Is this one of these spider that's biting people in England :|

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

teR_ wrote: »
    Is this one of these spider that's biting people in England 😳

Yeah it looks very similiar, I think it's called a False widow? Has the same kind of skull shape markings on its back.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Yep that's what i was thinking :eek:

Was very small, just short the size of a 1 cent coin when it was spread out, could move fairly quick.

It doesn't exist anymore so everybody's a little bit safer..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

have just caught one myself had noticed it a few days ago but left it alone but someone in work yesterday showed me a picture of 1 in the news. So went looking for it and its definetly 1 of them have it in jar

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems to be a lot of these this year judging by the amount of threads popping up between here and the Nature & Bird Watching forum. Where abouts in the country are folks finding these?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

I'm in ballymun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Janapple

I had one in my house a few years ago. Was not pleasant. They are in Raheny and howth aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

My sister had a huge one in her shed last summer I went up to catch it one day and it was gone! There seems to be a fair few of them around. Im in north co.Dublin and I first came across them about 6 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Yea, I first came across one 7 years ago, they seem to be everywhere now.. I'm near Dun Laoghaire. I don't ever recall any like this in the 80's or 90's at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I think people need to calm down a bit about false widows. They are no more dangerous than a bee or wasp sting.
    Its just media scaremongering as usual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i found one myself last night,there is nothing to be scared about imo,your more likely to be stung by a wasp or bee outside,spiders dont bother people

• Advertisement
Advertisement