Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience/Placements for Undergrad Psych Students

Options
  • 11-10-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm currently in second year psychology and hoping to increase my chances of employment as I realize there isn't a great deal of jobs in the field at the moment. I haven't totally decided what area to specialize in, but at the moment I'm leaning towards going down the research phd/lecturing route or else occupational psychology. I'm on the board for the new psychology journal in my college but I'm hoping to do more to impress future potential employers/those deciding whether to let me into a postgrad programme. We unfortunately have no placement in our course so I'm looking for advice on what kind of experience I should try and get or if there's any internships available for undergrads? I'm also considering applying for the SPUR programme in NUI Maynooth if they run it again in 2014, does anyone know if this is well regarded and considered valuable experience?

Advertisement