Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy game Talisman ?

Options
  • 11-10-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Any chance to get game named Talisman ? I saw it in Big Bang Theory.. I would like to try it. But have no clue if it's available somewhere in Dublin ?

and btw What would be the best place to go look for some Board games ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There's a place near Jervis I think. Hang on.

Gamers World Limited should have what you are looking for.

Web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 frii

I'm hanging..

Cease hanging, good sir.
    Post edited above.

It's an unusual game (In my limited experience). Good bit of fun to watch someone come so close to winning and then fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 frii

I'm not so much gamer.. but It seemed some fun.. I would like to give it a go.. Hope my friends with appreciate my attempts.
    How do you think.. Pasive type of people would have some fun in this game with some addition of some magic elixirs ?

Yeah, I don't seem to remember it being hugely deep for me.
    Maybe Munchkin would be better for people not used to board games. Plenty of odd humour and lots of chances to screw your friends over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

One of the traders at Gaelcon is bound to have it if Gamersworld don't, if you can wait two weeks or so.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Gamers World definitely have had it - I know because I passed the display in the window.
    I believe it's on its 4th edition but I still have the 2nd edition with all the expansion packs. It's good fun - I think the 4th edition isn't too far off the 2nd one although the expansion packs wouldn't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

ixoy wrote: »
    ... I still have the 2nd edition with all the expansion packs..

So do I :D just waiting until my son is old enough to enjoy it! He's still getting to grips with Carcassonne so not far off now.

Takes a long time to play if you use all the boards (City, Dungeon and Timescape, I think that's them all?)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would love to play some of those boards games, but I dont have such nerdy friends. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I would love to play some of those boards games, but I dont have such nerdy friends. :(

My childhood was spent wishing I could play some tabletop games, but there was absolutely no chance with the mates I had. Still no chance either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

COYVB wrote: »
    My childhood was spent wishing I could play some tabletop games, but there was absolutely no chance with the mates I had. Still no chance either

Damn, I even threw Idea of monopoly to misses. I told her to invite her friend with other half, so we could just have a few drinks and a game of monopoly for ****s and giggles. I was looked at like I had a Penis tattooed on my forehead. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Cherryghost runs regular things for board games:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057043513

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/128442/relic

Relic is a 40k themed version of Talisman.

Gamersworld have both. I live a few doors down and have a look in the window most evenings.

Wait til your kids get to 8 or 9 and you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, I don't seem to remember it being hugely deep for me.
    Maybe Munchkin would be better for people not used to board games. Plenty of odd humour and lots of chances to screw your friends over.

Munchkin is a good game for new people. Something like Fluxx is better if they don't like fantasy.

Just to get them used to "gaming style" systems (i.e. card games or board games with more complicated rules than Poker or Monopoly).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

penev10 wrote: »
    Takes a long time to play if you use all the boards (City, Dungeon and Timescape, I think that's them all?)
    Yeah, that's right - City added some complexity too, allowing your character to get special positions.

Then of course there's the two other add on packs, consisting solely of cards which served up more characters, adventure cards, spells, etc.

And, if you want, you can go here and download "The Dragons" expansion pack which was extremely rare (and the final one for the 2nd edition).

ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah, that's right - City added some complexity too, allowing your character to get special positions.

Then of course there's the two other add on packs, consisting solely of cards which served up more characters, adventure cards, spells, etc.

And, if you want, you can go here and download "The Dragons" expansion pack which was extremely rare (and the final one for the 2nd edition).
    Cheers for that. I did see Dragons once in Marks Models but I'd stopped playing Talisman at that stage and had moved on to 40k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Damn, I even threw Idea of monopoly to misses. I told her to invite her friend with other half, so we could just have a few drinks and a game of monopoly for ****s and giggles. I was looked at like I had a Penis tattooed on my forehead. :(

There's your problem. Games of Monopoly never end in anything except a massive argument over the sh*tty rules.

I'd recommend King Of Tokyo for anyone looking for a board game. It's simple, fun, clever and very memorable.

Advertisement