Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Order Money Back

Options
  • 11-10-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I bought an electrical item on adverts.ie a few weeks back & now it's stopped working. There was a few little things wrong when i received it like no fuse in the plug which wasn't a big deal but the seller should have said anyway as it was working i didn't contact them & have left them no feedback.

I paid using postal order for the first time & now i want my money back. What do i need to do? i have no idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

So it was working when you got it?
    Did it come with a guarantee?
    if it did not, cant see getting money back, you were just unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

You have no comeback as using a Postal Order is not like PayPal - it's just a safer way of sending cash through the post. Buying secondhand electrical items - anywhere - is a mugs game so just chalk it up to experience. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭July Rain

Once a postal order is cashed by whoever it was made out to, that's that !

Advertisement