Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 15-Oct 20:15 WES1 EweTuppers

Options
  • 11-10-2013 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

so, after last weeks false start - we kick off this week instead - lets get 3 points on the board.

Ed - away
    Clay - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - out
    Derek McD -
    Keith - away
    Paddy - in
    SteMcD -
    Ciaran - work
    Collie - away
    Darren - in
    Luke C - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Luke D - in
    Wes -
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL - in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ed - away
    Clay - in
    Cathal - in
    Craig - out
    Derek McD -
    Keith - away
    Paddy - in
    SteMcD - out
    Ciaran - work
    Collie - away
    Darren - in
    Luke C - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - in
    Luke D - in
    Wes - out
    Ste K - in
    Derek McL - in

1-0 win with what was pretty much the last kick of the game, although we pressured them brilliantly for nearly the whole second half.

Well done lads, who got the goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

I did only thing I done all game to be honest still playing with a messed up hammer still a wins a win and it was a good team performance and a nice clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Excellent result. We played some really slick, patient, passing football at times and in fairness kept them to very few chances though they were a decent team, particularly strong defensively - their centre-half was man of the match with the amount of aerial ball and balls to attackers' feet he intercepted. We should probably note that as we need to be smarter at adjusting our approach when we see such clear patterns emerging (opposition midfielder dropping deep into quarter-back role and pulling strings in space from there is another one we need to keep an eye out for as we rarely adapt to it): no point whipping in crosses in spots a dominant header of the ball is located, need to change the target spot, likewise striker going near post to try nick it ahead of him, rather than back post is probably better as he pretty much cut out 100% of those balls.

Gotta say though, that yeh it'd be great if we'd turned our abundant possession into more clear-cut chances in the penalty box, but there was easily 10 good chances we made and I can think of 4 clearcut chances and 4 shots from the edge of the box that whizzed a foot wide. On another day, one of those goes in early and you kill the game off from there. It didn't happen till late last night, but it's hugely encouraging the style of ball we played and the number of shots it created. And while it's great to have him back, our Goal Machine up front was far from full fitness with injury recovery, and he'd defo have gotten on some of the quality through balls (an area we are making great strides in) at full fitness, but he didn't get frustrated and that was key in getting the winner in the end. Beautiful corner whipped in by Kingsley aswell on what was an action-packed competitive debut, another excellent signing there gaffer!

As I said, I loved the patience last night - we kept our composure and didn't panic and had faith that keeping playing the right ball would come good in the end. In the past, we'd have gotten frustrated and things get frantic and then people worry more about messing up than nailing it and it spirals. On our day, we can beat anyone in this league, but it's consistency that will be the difference at the top and keeping our composure is the key to being consistent, so for me that was really positive.

• Advertisement

Well done to all, hoping to be back the first week of November once I haven't died doing the marathon. I'll probably be a bench warmer anyway ;) . Impact sub on the left wing though all for it Des, put me in coach.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big confidence boost of a win with a crazy referee. He was looking at his watch as the corner came across. For all the pressure in the second half - and it was pretty incessant pressure, there were not too many attempts on target or that their keeper had to save.

My favourite non-goal moment of the game was their player controlling the ball magnificently with his face in the first half. :)

Ha, I was convinced he was going to blow when the ball was on the way in

So iv tendonitis on my biceps femerus (lateral hamstring)could be a while before I'm able to do full on sprints :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

mrDerek wrote: »
    So iv tendonitis on my biceps femerus (lateral hamstring)could be a while before I'm able to do full on sprints :/

Whats that in tallaght speak, sore thumb ?

Get well soon boss.

• Advertisement

its an inflammation of the big stretchy thing behind your knee on the outside

just looking at astro there they still havent had our game added in :O

Advertisement