Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2014 Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

Probably worth getting seats as the view from the mound can be bad if you aren't up the back of it.

I went last year and while I'm happy I went I won't be going back there unless I've a runner in it. Cheltenham is a much better experience imo. Liverpool is great craic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

cson wrote: »
    Probably worth getting seats as the view from the mound can be bad if you aren't up the back of it.

I went last year and while I'm happy I went I won't be going back there unless I've a runner in it. Cheltenham is a much better experience imo. Liverpool is great craic though.

Thanks for your feedback. He always wanted to go Grand National and fact its on a Saturday makes it easier workwise. Maybe Cheltenham the next year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

cson wrote: »

Yeah, definitely pay the extra for a seat. National day is mental but still worth experiencing. Personally, I prefer the Thursday and Friday in terms of an enjoyable days racing - Saturday is just for the craic and people-watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Avoid Tattersalls like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Robson99

Doesnt matter where you go. You will have an enjoyable day anywhere. Thursday is the day for enjoying the racing. Friday is the day for enjoying the talent. Saturday is the day for the craic and the beer. If you have plenty of neck and are cute you can get into most of the restricted badge areas

• Advertisement

Avoid Tattersalls like the plague.

Is that not the 'main' area?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Is that not the 'main' area?

Yes, including The Mound. Viewing facilities are limited. It's way too packed, there's hardly anywhere to sit, and you'll be surrounded by thousands of drunken Scousers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Ye complain that females don't post here enough, but is it any wonder they don't when so many threads descend into this type of lecherous posting that I've had to edit. Can ye please post in a respectful manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We don't complain.

People trying to chat me up because a poster assumed somehow I was a woman... I'm not!

• Advertisement

People trying to chat me up because a poster assumed somehow I was a woman... I'm not!

Its frowned upon to have a laugh with people.
    Banter less here!

If you've a problem with modding, then please PM the mods rather than making reference to it on thread.

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

convert wrote: »
    Ye complain that females don't post here enough, but is it any wonder they don't when so many threads descend into this type of lecherous posting that I've had to edit. Can ye please post in a respectful manner.

What was lecherous? Just for my own information..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I would recommend either of the roof terraces. The Queen Mother, The County or The Princess Royal Stands. Great view and good craic in the bars up there.
    Cost around £90 which includes turnstile entry.

Can we please keep on topic. Thanks.

finbarrk wrote: »
    I would recommend either of the roof terraces. The Queen Mother, The County or The Princess Royal Stands. Great view and good craic in the bars up there.
    Cost around £90 which includes turnstile entry.

get anything else for 90 awful pricey i'm no rich boy!

get anything else for 90 awful pricey i'm no rich boy!

But you said in your initial post that you wanted to buy a present for someone and you didn't want them to have a 'rubbish day'. And you also said you wanted them to have a decent view.

But you said in your initial post that you wanted to buy a present for someone and you didn't want them to have a 'rubbish day'. And you also said you wanted them to have a decent view.

Didn't realise that meant meant £180 just to get in the door for two and get a decent view. I would imagine its pretty expensive in there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Drinks and food are a total rip off. Loads of bars though so you can get served easy.

• Advertisement

Didn't realise that meant meant £180 just to get in the door for two and get a decent view. I would imagine its pretty expensive in there too?

It's no more expensive than any other racecourse on a big day. Suppose you could buy them Tattersalls tickets at £48 each or else the bank down by the start is around £20. But you don't have access to the parade ring, etc. Plenty marquee type bars though and big screens. Can be OK too because you can be close to the first 5 or 6 fences in the National.

It's no more expensive than any other racecourse on a big day. Suppose you could buy them Tattersalls tickets at £48 each or else the bank down by the start is around £20. But you don't have access to the parade ring, etc. Plenty marquee type bars though and big screens. Can be OK too because you can be close to the first 5 or 6 fences in the National.

Fair enough, have never paid anything close to that in Ireland hence my shock!

Advertisement