Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving Legs

Options
  • 10-10-2013 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So how many of ye guys shave or wax yere legs?

I'm just wondering if its a big thing here in Ireland or not? Also what would a women think of a man with shaved legs?

I shave them during periods of a lot of cycling, normally from my knees down...easier for the application of sunscreen and muscle rubs...

But i'm considering a full shaving...or veeting...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't understand why men shave their legs unless its for a sport that requires it.

I'm sure if women could get away with it they wouldn't even be arsed, so I'm baffled as to why the men would shave their legs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I don't understand why men shave their legs unless its for a sport that requires it.

I'm sure if women could get away with it they wouldn't even be arsed, so I'm baffled as to why the men would shave their legs...

Well when my calves are shaved they look awesome, I also wear shorts around 9 months of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I can understand a man shaving legs for cycling swimming Etc. But only if it's serious swimming (10 lengths ain't serious).

I know if I started shaving anywhere but my face, I'd end up becoming more accustomed with my right hand.

Scortho wrote: »
    I can understand a man shaving legs for cycling swimming Etc. But only if it's serious swimming (10 lengths ain't serious).

I know if I started shaving anywhere but my face, I'd end up becoming more accustomed with my right hand.

It funny, I've a crazy big beard, hate shaving my face, not been clean shaven since circa 2010 and that was only for charity:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Well when my calves are shaved they look awesome, I also wear shorts around 9 months of the year

Serious question, do your calves not look just as awesome with a bit of hair on em?

• Advertisement

Serious question, do your calves not look just as awesome with a bit of hair on em?

My legs are really hairy, like 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Only reason in a sport for shaving legs is easyer for massages.

Id be laughing at lads on bikes shaving there legs thinking its aerodynamics or the likes

corkgsxr wrote: »

Id be laughing at lads on bikes shaving there legs thinking its aerodynamics or the likes

It has a big benefit for swimming, and its proven, but no aerodynamic benefits in another sport other than swimming

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

corkgsxr wrote: »

That's not why they do it, it's for hygiene and ease of treatment of road rash. When you hit the deck and leave slices of skin on the road, it takes ages to pick all the gravel and dirt out. Hair hinders this process a lot, and also increases the risk of infection while healing.

Maybe it's just that I'm used to seeing men on bikes with waxed/shaved legs, but I don't think it looks odd at all. You can see more muscle definition too, it's how they size up the opposition :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

MOD WARNING:

If you're not going to post something constructive or helpful then don't post at all.

First and final warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

@A_Sober_Paddy
    op, i think you have been off the drink too long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I did it when I was a teenager. It felt so weird... And the pain when the hair began growing back! :mad:

Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I'd imagine that it would make sense for some men who are particularly hairy.

Presuming a man with shaved legs is not considered terribly attractive by women, I'd imagine that it would still be seen as more attractive than one with legs that resemble a gorilla's.

Advertisement