Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Smart Phone udner 150

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:32pm

Looking to get a new phone and was looking for suggestions for the best phone I can buy for under 150 euro. I'm looking for a phone that can handle calls and text with ease as well as the odd bit of web browsing and running a few apps. Trying to decide between one of the Sony, Huawei, Samsung or Nokia's and any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you can stretch to €169, ibood have a Hauwei that has the features of a phone €200 dearer. But you'll have to be quick. It closes in just over an hour. There's more details on the Bargain Alerts forum.

If you can stretch to €169, ibood have a Hauwei that has the features of a phone €200 dearer. But you'll have to be quick. It closes in just over an hour. There's more details on the Bargain Alerts forum.

I was looking at that online earlier but alas it's sold out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 HondaiDTEC

Huawei Y300 isn't bad for 135 euro.

1ghz dual core, good camera, has good reviews.

http://www.pixmania.ie/smartphones/huawei-huawei-ascend-y300-android-phone-gsm-umts-3g-4-gb-4-tft-black/21344690-a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I don't work for Huawei, I swear, but I will back up the people that suggested the y300. I saw it here about 2 months ago and have been very happy with it since. My brother's S2 died and he's replaced it with the Huawei and he's happy out with it and although he did notice that games were slower to play, he isn't complaining about it as the phone set him back €80 in Meteor and it was unlocked for about €6 via ebay. I can pass on the ebay link if anyone wants it (I had my code within 12 hours, fwiw).

I'm well happy with it.

• Advertisement

Went with the Xperia E. it was €70 and figured that I'd prefer to keep €80 in my pocket than spend it on a phone that is use for only the most basic of things. Going to root the phone and play around with it but in happy enough with the phone and will be happier once my number is moved over, been waiting since Friday for them to transfer it b

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Going to root the phone and play around with it
    Good luck with that. Sony are notorious for making it difficult to root their phones as they won't unlock their bootloaders for a lot of their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

anyone try the Vodafone smart 3? €99.

Advertisement