Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop

Options
  • 10-10-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Thinking of getting the new Inspiron 15 7000 Series laptop
    Specs:
    • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
    • Windows 8 64bit, English
    • 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
    • 8GB2 DDR3L at 1600MHz
    • 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 750M 2GB DDR5
    • 1 year Collect & Return Hardware Support included with your PC
    • 2.6 kg.

I like the look of it and it has a stand alone graphics card (Can someone confirm it is a decent one?)

I contacted dell to see if there was an option for switching the 1td drive to a SSD but there is not. Will this still be a fast laptop with the 1TB drive.

My question i this. Those specs in total cost €959.

The model a step down costs €789.
    • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
    • Windows 8 64bit, English
    • 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
    • 6GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
    • 750GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • Intel® HD Graphics 4400
    • 1 year Collect & Return Hardware Support included with your PC
    • 2.6 kg

better processor etc. The resolution is not as good its 1366x768.

Is it worth paying extra?

Thanks for time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I am currently looking for a laptop and really like the look of the 15 inch dell you mention however it doesn't have a DVD slot which put me off unfortunately. Seems to have pretty much everything else including the 4th gen processor and touch screen (15 inch only).

Will be interested to see the replies you get.
    Check out www.voucherpages.ie/dell and you get a code which will give you 7% off. Not bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

Check out www.voucherpages.ie/dell and you get a code which will give you 7% off. Not bad!!

Cheers blingy that'll come in handy

Brings it down to € 891.86

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

1. That Haswell Core i7 4700U is a ULV dual core processor, even a regular Ivy Bridge Core i5 is faster.

G0s4HHG.jpg

LFTSjm4.jpg

2. The Inspiron 15 7000 Series doesn't have any service panels, if you want to upgrade the memory or replace the HDD with a SSD you'll need to take the case apart. Not even the battery can be romved.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a 12 ft barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭varuka

It's actually very easy to access the HDD / RAM and battery...even the fan is easily cleaned...just 4 screws and you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The graphics performance of the first one would be considerably better. Do you need a lot of graphics power?

I would recommend an SSD if your paying that kind of money. They really speed up the day to day use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement