Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bill plan student?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I never had a bill phone before but thinking of getting one . i am with meteor at moment paying 20 euro each month pre pay for unlimited texts every network and nothing eles. i go on internet alot and its taking 1 euro off me each day which is rip off i think.

Wondering what is the best network go with for a good bill plan easy to afford? i want to keep my number as well .
    thanks

florintina:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

i am liking the 49 euro a month with meteor for unlimited everything . 24 month contract tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at the new Tescomobile deals. For €20 a month you could have unlimited talk & texts and 5gb data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

You're a student, so, ahem, you might just have turned 18. If so, check out some of 48months.ie's offers. They have oodles of calls and texts, with data, for a couple of quid.

Also, as Kristopherus said, check out Tesco Mobile. €15 per month gives you unlimited calls and texts, and you can get a data add on as well. Also, your Clubcard vouchers are tripled, so a fiver is fifteen. If you're a student who shops there, this could help you each month.

However, be aware that although they are both on the O2 network, they do encounter issues (see their forums, for example), and do have data limits (speed restrictions).

If you're still looking, Three give you 3000 SMS, 15GB of data, and free weekend calls, etc., for twenty. Signal can be a problem, however. I'm a customer since day one and I'm having data and coverage issues at present.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I can't understand why a student or frankly anyone would sign up to a contract with the superb pay as you go plans now available from Tesco and 48months.

The only reason to be on a contract is to get a subsidised phone. But even then you should think long and hard, typically it is cheaper to buy a phone separately full cost unlocked and go with Tesco/48 then go for a subsidised phone with a contract (total cost over the lifetime of the plan). The only advantage of a contract is that you don't have to pay the full phone cost upfront, which maybe easier for some people.

BTW If you do decide to sign up for 48months, PM me and I'll send you a link that will get you €10 off for the first month (I'll also get €10 for referring you :)

Thanks everyone for the comments. i guess i should not go with bill phone but if found good price i would like it . vodafone 35 euro a month sim only plan unlimited calls and texts all network and good bit network. i think why had bill phone in mind was the free phone mostly as well . i really am looking for unlimited calls and texts all network all the time but dont know what deal has that i dont want calls just be at weekend ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Thanks everyone for the comments. i guess i should not go with bill phone but if found good price i would like it . vodafone 35 euro a month sim only plan unlimited calls and texts all network and good bit network. i think why had bill phone in mind was the free phone mostly as well . i really am looking for unlimited calls and texts all network all the time but dont know what deal has that i dont want calls just be at weekend ?

For €20 a month 48 offer free calls and texts to any network, 5GB data and 60 minutes to landlines.

The only negative is you don't get a phone.

Herrick wrote: »
    For €20 a month 48 offer free calls and texts to any network, 5GB data and 60 minutes to landlines.

The only negative is you don't get a phone.

They seem the best alright only reason afraid change over them is i heard bad things about service and signal and all plus network 3 have bought o2 so that mean 48 be gone someday

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

The "free" phone on bill pay plans is never free.
    You pay for it, often more than once, though the high rental and call charges.

On prepay you can buy credit and it can be used for everything, all texts (incl premium), all calls (incl lo-call etc) even roaming. On bill pay these are always extra.

€20 a month for 3 prepay. Free any net texts, all the internet you can eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You can sign up for Meteor 30 euro/month sim only plan. 30 day contract and unlimited texts/minutes. 1gb internet on top of that.
    If you want a phone, you will have to sign up for long - 18-24 months.
    Meteor have 31 euro plan, with 400 minutes and texts, 1gb internet and you can have quite nice phones for 49 euro (includes htc One for example). Not a bad plan, but 24 months contract is quite long time...

They seem the best alright only reason afraid change over them is i heard bad things about service and signal and all plus network 3 have bought o2 so that mean 48 be gone someday

I'm with them and in fairness only had service outage twice or so in the last year. They recently had trouble twice in a few days but I think that was down to O2 who they piggy back off of.

It is possible they might not remain after 3 take over O2 but not guaranteed, it's business after all.

Plus it's not like a contract your not locked in you can leave anytime. You pay by month or you can pay as many months in advance as you like.

• Advertisement

I'm with them and in fairness only had service outage twice or so in the last year. They recently had trouble twice in a few days but I think that was down to O2 who they piggy back off of.

It is possible they might not remain after 3 take over O2 but not guaranteed, it's business after all.

Plus it's not like a contract your not locked in you can leave anytime. You pay by month or you can pay as many months in advance as you like.

Ah i understand now thanks for that i just heard from someone when they tried to move back meteor from 48 had very bad luck with it and would not let them change back so got new number i be afraid that happen if they were gone u know

fleet wrote: »
    The "free" phone on bill pay plans is never free.
    You pay for it, often more than once, though the high rental and call charges.

On prepay you can buy credit and it can be used for everything, all texts (incl premium), all calls (incl lo-call etc) even roaming. On bill pay these are always extra.

€20 a month for 3 prepay. Free any net texts, all the internet you can eat.

The only problem i find is that they charge 35c/minute - 20 euro can be eaten pretty quickly... Unless i looked at the wrong rate.

wonski wrote: »
    You can sign up for Meteor 30 euro/month sim only plan. 30 day contract and unlimited texts/minutes. 1gb internet on top of that.
    If you want a phone, you will have to sign up for long - 18-24 months.
    Meteor have 31 euro plan, with 400 minutes and texts, 1gb internet and you can have quite nice phones for 49 euro (includes htc One for example). Not a bad plan, but 24 months contract is quite long time...

that 30 euro offer sounds good i am with meteor at moment . cant seem find that offer on their home page can u send me link for it?

that 30 euro offer sounds good i am with meteor at moment . cant seem find that offer on their home page can u send me link for it?

There you go:

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans/?linkid=plans

Oh, and unlimited data until March 2014 for 4g sims...

And here is the one with the phones:

https://store.meteor.ie/bill-pay-mobile-phone-plans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Hi everyone,

I never had a bill phone before but thinking of getting one . i am with meteor at moment paying 20 euro each month pre pay for unlimited texts every network and nothing eles. i go on internet alot and its taking 1 euro off me each day which is rip off i think.

Wondering what is the best network go with for a good bill plan easy to afford? i want to keep my number as well .
    thanks

florintina:D

How much should it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

i am liking the 49 euro a month with meteor for unlimited everything . 24 month contract tough?

lol 49 per month to use a mobile

Ah i understand now thanks for that i just heard from someone when they tried to move back meteor from 48 had very bad luck with it and would not let them change back so got new number i be afraid that happen if they were gone u know

That's very strange I must say. If so they should have reported them to ComReg I believe they are not allowed to refuse to release a number for porting.

That's very strange I must say. If so they should have reported them to ComReg I believe they are not allowed to refuse to release a number for porting.

it was pretty odd alright, oh i dont know what to do be honest seems best ones is 48 or network 3? i just wish 3 had unlimited calls all network during week not just weekend as my partner does be away all week that why looking for that . dont think want go with tesco mobile just me ha

lol 49 per month to use a mobile

ye seems to expensive when think of it ha. prob just get something better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

wonski wrote: »
    There you go:

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans/?linkid=plans

Oh, and unlimited data until March 2014 for 4g sims...

And here is the one with the phones:

https://store.meteor.ie/bill-pay-mobile-phone-plans

For €2 more, go eMobile 30 day for unlimited calls and texts with 15GB Data

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    For €2 more, go eMobile 30 day for unlimited calls and texts with 15GB Data

oh that sounds great that price can i get that in store or where?

oh that sounds great that price can i get that in store or where?

Online offer only.
    Keep your number.
    Use your own phone.
    3G only .... for the moment.

Online offer only.
    Keep your number.
    Use your own phone.
    3G only .... for the moment.

sounds great hope not to complicated online so . do you have link for this?

sounds great hope not to complicated online so . do you have link for this?

It's in my post above.

It's in my post above.

oh sorry about that my bad thanks again :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Emobile have an unlimited everything sim only plan for €32 per month

EDIT: Sorry RangeR, I've just realised that you posted the same offer just before me

Emobile have an unlimited everything sim only plan for €32 per month

i really liking sound of that one and it not a contract just pay monthly and if cant pay it just cuts off does it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

i really liking sound of that one and it not a contract just pay monthly and if cant pay it just cuts off does it?

I'm not sure about how they work if you don't pay but that's pretty much it otherwise

It's a 30 day rolling contract. It's the same terms as a 12 month contract except you don't get a phone and you can give 30 days notice of termination. To be honest, if you are thinking that you may not be able to pay some bills, maybe you should stay on PAYG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It's a 30 day rolling contract. It's the same terms as a 12 month contract except you don't get a phone and you can give 30 days notice of termination. To be honest, if you are thinking that you may not be able to pay some bills, maybe you should stay on PAYG.

Is the 32 euro plan not an 18 month Contract?

Advertisement