Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS pass over in front of moon tonight

Options
  • 10-10-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Journal.ie has it saying that the iss will be passing in front of the moon tonight. Visible on a line between dublin and bantry bay. Astronomy ireland has the map. Looks like Naas is on the line.

Comments

spookwoman wrote: »
    Journal.ie has it saying that the iss will be passing in front of the moon tonight. Visible on a line between dublin and bantry bay. Astronomy ireland has the map. Looks like Naas is on the line.

Ive been imagining the scene from the Movie E.T, where Elliot and Et ride the bike across the moon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

Just witnessed this with the kids , was visible for a minute or so ,came from the west towards the moon then veered NW of the moon and dissapeared , a clear night made for good viewing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

Just missed it underneath for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ThatDrGuy

Just saw it, got about half a second of it passing in the scope. Amazing sight. Blasted clouds now.

great night for viewing.

Some clown let off three chinese lanterns around the same time too,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I took a crappy photo, the ISS is just below the moon :o
    [IMG][/img]usq.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Best I could do video can be set to 1080 hd

10197275815_fb2cd8a73d_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Really good this video, great focus too - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

Super video :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Serious nerd moment drove from waterford to nass for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ThatDrGuy

I watched it from my backyard. Got to see about a second of the solar panels on it as it whizzed by. How people image it is beyond me. My mount on its fastest setting couldn't track that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

This is one cool video of the ISS passing the Moon a while back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1X3Rm6kJI

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

ThatDrGuy wrote: »
    I watched it from my backyard. Got to see about a second of the solar panels on it as it whizzed by. How people image it is beyond me. My mount on its fastest setting couldn't track that!

You only need to track the moon for that and go for short exposures.
    Observed it with binoculars, a sight to remember....

Advertisement