Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad days

Options
  • 10-10-2013 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Congratulations Chuckie on being back in the world of work. I am soooooo jealous of you, but a big thumbs up to you, you clever girl! I never gave up jobseeking since I was made redundant four years ago. I had a few interviews in the first year and got into the top 5 or 6 list for second interviews a couple of times, but never got anywhere after that. I did manage to get a temporary job for a few months but that’s all. After a very short while you just don’t believe the words “you are exactly what we are looking for”.

There are days when I feel really really down. I’ve had a grumpy old week due to stuff happening to me and stuff imposed on me by (a) a snooty ++tch, (b) an institute which thinks it is God almighty, and (c) everything and everyone else. Needless to say I lodged complaints. Common sense, and good manners cost nothing.

After that I was feeling miserable yesterday watching the news there was a report of a solicitor, accused of fraud, lost his law practice which was closed down by the Law Society, pleading innocence and now working as a waiter. Guess what, I couldn’t even get a job as a waitress because I didn’t have any experience. Although it is fair to say he would have had more experience than me in actually ordering food.

I’m really grumpy now. I think I’ll have a little lie down.

(Half an hour later) Well I feel a bit rested now, and I remembered that there are others much worse off than me. I decided to go for a walk through the O & O’s threads, and I found so many hilarious posts which I had forgotten about that I’ve cheered up…..a bit. Now I’m going for a real walk with real sunshine, real blue skies, and real fresh air. Thank you lovely O & O's.

Am I banned? Sniffle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,139 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ah petal, why would you be banned? You are entitled to have a bad day now and again, I had one yesterday but today is good, you win some you lose some! You are doing the right thing though, be nice to yourself. Hope you had a nice walk, its a lovely sunny day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Brings JB a nice cup of tea.

Hope this helps.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh Jellybaby, virtual hug to you.

You are entitled to a down day now and then but remember to take good care of yourself and to be kind to yourself.

It's tough out there in the big bad world and having to deal with idiots doesn't help.

Chin up old bean, don't let the b*****ds get you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

More virtual hugs from me too Jellybean. Hopefully it is just a bad day and tomorrow will be brighter and better. Just try to focus on the positives and remember that good things can come into your life when you least expect it. Be good to yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

OldGoat wrote: »
    /Brings JB a nice cup of tea.

Hope this helps.

Awww thanks youse guys, you're the greatest! Slurp, slurp, sniff sniff. Thanks (sniffle) for the (sniffle) tea, OG (sniffle). It sure is a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I only told you the half of it too. Grabs all the hugs to hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Here hon have a few choccie biccies to go with the tea. (A drink is too wet without one you know)

*hands over his vintage choccie biccie collection complete with authenticated fluff and carpet bits.... a quick wipe will fix that.

I know how you feel hon, I was long term unemployed for so long.

Now I am employed, skint and unable to work and fighting my corner for some benefits. The joys of employment eh? But you get there, you really do, and when it happens the added joy of coming out of the darkness is like a warm tidal wave of happiness. When that happens you will feel great and be cheering up other folks with your lovely attitude and sense of humour, which we in O&O like so much.

((((HUG))))

and a cuppa c(_)

[Rubey Lubs Ya]

Aw thanks Rube, you'll make me blub again. Em....these 'vintage choccie biccies'..........how long have you had them? (looks at biccies with fear and dread)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Aw thanks Rube, you'll make me blub again. Em....these 'vintage choccie biccies'..........how long have you had them? (looks at biccies with fear and dread)

Not long a few days at most. They were handed down from my great great grandfather. Bet you haven't seen any quite like them before eh?

Rubecula wrote: »
    Not long a few days at most. They were handed down from my great great grandfather. Bet you haven't seen any quite like them before eh?

Not since 1999!!!

Advertisement