Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pointer moving about on screen..FALSE ALARM!

Options
  • 10-10-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

i'm currently using my laptop and noticed yesterday, but more so today, that my pointer is moving randomly around the screen. at one stage, it moved to top left corner and what looked like a right-click menu briefly flashed on screen. I don't normally use the trackpad on my laptop, so thought it might be acting up, but now I'm starting to think there could be a malware or virus problem? Has anyone experience anything similar?

I've run malware bytes quick scan (no infection detected), and am currently running windows defender full scan. Should I use some of the other programs outlined in the sticky?

thanks
    able

windows 8, dell xps15.

FALSE ALARM - we have Mouse without borders so wife working on the main computer in a different room was moving my pointer and vice versa and we both were independently cursing. Just came out for lunch and figured it out...

Advertisement