Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do we get documentation from bank

Options
  • 10-10-2013 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

A quick one - we finally closed and got the keys on a new house last month. We've been in almost four weeks now but I'm sort of surprised because we have received absolutely nothing from the bank - we haven't been charged a penny and haven't received any letters or correspondence (it's AIB).

Anyone else in a similar situation of just buying?

Thanks,
    QUad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why not ask AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

I presume you drew down a mortgage? The first repayment will be one month from drawdown - you've signed a direct debit mandate so this will automatically be debited. Don't worry - interest is still accruing every day! But you won't see a statement for possibly a year unless you request one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

roro2 wrote: »
    I presume you drew down a mortgage? The first repayment will be one month from drawdown - .

Not exactly. My mortgage is with AIB. I wanted my mortgage to go out on the 2nd of every month after I got paid.

As I drew down on the 10th I either didn't pay a mortgage payment for 7 odd weeks or I paid a pro rata one on the 2nd of the following month then my first full payment was the month after.

I cant remember which of the two it was but I certainly didn't have my first payment exactly a month from drawdown

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

D3PO wrote: »
    Not exactly. My mortgage is with AIB. I wanted my mortgage to go out on the 2nd of every month after I got paid.

As I drew down on the 10th I either didn't pay a mortgage payment for 7 odd weeks or I paid a pro rata one on the 2nd of the following month then my first full payment was the month after.

I cant remember which of the two it was but I certainly didn't have my first payment exactly a month from drawdown

That's the standard though, unless you agree something different with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

roro2 wrote: »
    That's the standard though, unless you agree something different with them.

good to know cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement