Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDCL HELP

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi,
    is it possible for my boss to check if i have my EDCL? said i lost it, tks. I know each cert has a number but can it be checked?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not easily, and I can't see why anyone would care either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 craig1975

many tks for your reply, you sure? it's for promotion and heard it can be checked using a 'skills card number'..... if he finds out I don't have it i'm up **** creek

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Best bet is to get in contact with the test centre that you did the exams with and see if they kept a paper copy on file. Most centres had to keep a copy for audit prior to the beginning of the automated test system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

craig1975 wrote: »
    many tks for your reply, you sure? it's for promotion and heard it can be checked using a 'skills card number'..... if he finds out I don't have it i'm up **** creek

Do you actually have an ECDL?

If not, you can get one in a day. Its a pointless secretarial qualification pretending to be something more.

that's the thing, i never did it

• Advertisement

that's the thing, i never did it

Find a test centre and just do the damn thing. I can only assume whoever is asking for it actually thinks its a "computer qualification" though...

i heard it would take several evenings and I'm really in a hurry

i heard it would take several evenings and I'm really in a hurry

If you can use a computer sufficiently to use boards, it won't. You do know what it entails? Piss around with Word, Excel and Access for a bit effectively. It is NOT an IT qualification by any stretch of the imagination, its basically a scam perpetuated on the basis that people don't check what it is in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GarysGirl

Not sure if it is any use to you but you can do it online with ecollege.ie and book an exam at your local centre once finished the online modules, I know you said you needed it asap just might be easier if planning to do it that you could do it online.

Advertisement