Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing Games Quest

Options
  • 09-10-2013 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

So does everyone else struggle to finish games, Ive decided since Im going getting the PS4 that I need to finish some of my PS3 games, to date in my life Ive finished Crash Bandicoot Wrath Of Cortex, Oblivion, Star Wars The Force Unleashed & Uncharted 2!

The Games I usually play are Fifa and NBA which well arent really finishable.

So Ive given myself a list of games I must finish before I get the PS4.
    Uncharted 1=Which I just finished there :D
    Uncharted 3
    Ratchet & Clank
    Skyrim
    I was going to do Red Dead Redemption but well I know what happens story wise from watching my nephew and brother playing it, so probably give it a miss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

No i finish most of what i buy, even if it aint a steller game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

No i finish most of what i buy, even if it aint a steller game.
    Ha your a better man than I, I could enjoy a game, then forget about it for months or never play it again:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I am the same
    I dont have a big backlog of games though due to being on the xbox and being broke from buying the xbox one :L but I do have a 1 game I would like to finish

skyrim - every month I put this game in my month to finish games on boards, and I never do , I just find it boring , even though its a fantasic game with alot of work gone into it, I just cant bring myself to finishing it.

other then that I havnt really got anything else :) rainbow six vegas apart of the G4G programme xbox are doing but im getting through that gradually :)

dark souls 2 will probably be my last game I buy for the xbox 360 , then I'l start fresh onto next gen
    i know if i had a ps3 id be ****ed for backlog games :L

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I am the same
    I dont have a big backlog of games though due to being on the xbox and being broke from buying the xbox one :L but I do have a 1 game I would like to finish

skyrim - every month I put this game in my month to finish games on boards, and I never do , I just find it boring , even though its a fantasic game with alot of work gone into it, I just cant bring myself to finishing it.

other then that I havnt really got anything else :) rainbow six vegas apart of the G4G programme xbox are doing but im getting through that gradually :)

dark souls 2 will probably be my last game I buy for the xbox 360 , then I'l start fresh onto next gen
    i know if i had a ps3 id be ****ed for backlog games :L

I dont have a big backlog myself, sense when I think of buying a new game I talk myself out off it on account of having so much unfinished games.
    Enslaved was a game I liked the look off but never got around to buying it.
    I find I get two hours into Skyrim and get bored, think Oblivion was better
    Like my Brother has a huge collection of XBOX games that he generally finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

astonaidan wrote: »
    I dont have a big backlog myself, sense when I think of buying a new game I talk myself out off it on account of having so much unfinished games.
    Enslaved was a game I liked the look off but never got around to buying it.
    I find I get two hours into Skyrim and get bored, think Oblivion was better
    Like my Brother has a huge collection of XBOX games that he generally finishes

I agree with you completely, I think oblivion was alot better, but then again I was younger at the time of oblivions release and maybe I've just grown out of those type of rpg games. Kinda sad about it though because skyrim is a well made game, just probably not my cup of tea anymore. Maybe if theirs another one I'l enjoy it more, it could just be the setting its in or the story is not taken me in as much this time

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I agree with you completely, I think oblivion was alot better, but then again I was younger at the time of oblivions release and maybe I've just grown out of those type of rpg games. Kinda sad about it though because skyrim is a well made game, just probably not my cup of tea anymore. Maybe if theirs another one I'l enjoy it more, it could just be the setting its in or the story is not taken me in as much this time
    I couldnt but a reason on it, till I realised it might be because Oblivion was more colourful, but Im still set on finishing Skyrim.

I looked at the game I have
    1. Dishonored
    2. Homefront
    3. Red Dead
    4. Dragon Age
    5. Fallout
    6. Uncharted 3
    7. Skyrim
    Like Ive never played the first 2 two so they aint on my to do list

But I think I can 3 out of the rest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

With the PS+ I get about 4 free games a month. Generally finishing 1-2 games a month depending on games really.
    This month there is a platformer called Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams which I will finish as it's a platformer but then there is also Dragons Dogma which looks like a big RPG so no chance with that.

eddhorse wrote: »
    With the PS+ I get about 4 free games a month. Generally finishing 1-2 games a month depending on games really.
    This month there is a platformer called Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams which I will finish as it's a platformer but then there is also Dragons Dogma which looks like a big RPG so no chance with that.
    1 or 2 a month, christ I could never fit in that much gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ill finish anything I buy, even if Im not really enjoying it. As long as it doesnt stop me due to a difficulty spike that is. I left Dead Space 1 halfway through recently because I got to a stupid level I could not get passed. Id ordinarily drop the difficulty for that section, but theres no such option in that game, so I got rid of it. There are waay too many enjoyable experiences to be having, so why drive yourself demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Don't we have a 'monthly' thread for this ?......

It's called "Beat a game from your backlog" , and as above, a new thread for it is created EVERY month

Currently : October edition
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057052053

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Don't we have a 'monthly' thread for this ?......

It's called "Beat a game from your backlog" , and as above, a new thread for it is created EVERY month

Currently : October edition
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057052053
    yeah i thought by the topic name it was going to be about specific quests within games, but you're right, it's identical to the other thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I finish most games, there's a handful on my shelf I never got round to for one reason or another, usually if it's during the winter and there's a few big titles out and find myself going between them and losing interest in one. But I'll usually try go back and finish it.

Some story based like say The Last Of Us, Tomb Raider or the Arkham games I'll get the main quest done and usually leave it, I'm not into trophies or 100%-ing things if its all pointless fetch quests or replaying the game on varying difficulties. There's a few things I might go back and do or replay some sections with new abilities or costumes or whatever is unlocked but that's about it.

I never finished Skyrim, or Deus Ex Human Revolution (I know, I know) but will at some point.

Advertisement