Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skateboarding. Old style

Options
  • 09-10-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Long story short. I'm 30 years old. I'm rubbish on a skateboard. Could only really carve around light banks and down slopes. I like to ride around rather then tricks.

I'm just back in Dublin and used to skate in stockwell skatepark. It's full of nice banks to just carve away.

Is there any park in Dublin that has an old school set up rather then all these grind rails and half/quarter pipes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Bushy park skatepark on a schoolday probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

shagman wrote: »
    Bushy park skatepark on a schoolday probably your best bet.

Nice! Looks perfect. Thanks.

Question to the room. Any oldie's like Moi skating in bushy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

You don't count as an oldie yet mate yer only 30. Old man sessions every tuesday evening in Skatepark of Dublin in Santry and Wednesday evening Flip skatepark in Celbridge.

Jay'sus that's far out. I'm based in South Dublin so those meets are off.

Pity..

Bushy looks ideal, so if anyone reads this and wouldn't mind messing around give us a shout.

I've got a standard deck for theses days. What deck would someone suggest for just bowl riding and carving around a park?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Not entirely sure why but I thought of this thread when I watched the clip below:

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Not entirely sure why but I thought of this thread when I watched the clip below:

Deadly video man! Quality stuff. I couldn't skate like that if my life depended on it.... But when I dream, I skate fluid like that. So in a trippy way, the vid is like a strange dream.

Advertisement