Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burial records - St. Peters (RC), Little Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Newstreet

Thanks for that - I have dozens of people here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I've about 7 - including two gt-grandparents and two gt-uncles, and two young children whose place of burial we were unsure of. None of them were living in or that near to Bray at the time.

I hope to drop out over the weekend and see if I can work out how to locate the grave based on the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Newstreet

The row letters are painted on the walls, but unsurprisingly, the rows of graves don't always correspond exactly with the letters, and counting numbers of graves along a line doesn't always work either. Some of the grave plot numbers on these records don't match exactly with what I had.

The other thing I notice, is that on rather more than a few of them, the dates of death or burial are out by a couple of days, and by up to as much as three months. Or rather, they don't match the dates inscribed on the headstones.

Great resource though!

Now, if only we had the old churchyard too... :)

Advertisement