Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prams for newborns cork

Options
  • 09-10-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I am currently pregnant with my first baby just wondering any advice on what pram to get? I don't want I spend a fortune either and want one that faces me also!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Go into Tony Kealy's by the airport road and try them all out.

I went for the out-and-about nipper, which I've used since the babies birth, and will hopefully use again for the next one. It has been very good. The new model has clips that take a maxi-cosi carseat, which would make it face you I *think*? But don't quote me on that one, go out and take a look. Push them around, fold and unfold. See what fits in your car etc. They help you with all that out there.

The travel system ones tend to be more expensive than the fully reclining buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Alex24

pwurple wrote: »
    Go into Tony Kealy's by the airport road and try them all out.

I went for the out-and-about nipper, which I've used since the babies birth, and will hopefully use again for the next one. It has been very good. The new model has clips that take a maxi-cosi carseat, which would make it face you I *think*? But don't quote me on that one, go out and take a look. Push them around, fold and unfold. See what fits in your car etc. They help you with all that out there.

The travel system ones tend to be more expensive than the fully reclining buggy.

Thanks ya have been looking around but I'm very bad with deciding there's just so much choice!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yeah, you need to figure out your requirements to make it easier for ruling things out.

We go for walks in the woods and around the place, so a three wheeler was the bets maneuverability for that. We don't have a lot of storage room in our house, so we didn't want the bits and pieces that become obsolete in a travel system. Your requirements may be different. You might have loads of storage room, and want something mainly for city streets.

The nipper is 330 euro anyway, and the maxi-cosi is 159, so total of 489 for both. A lot of the travel systems are closer to 1000 or 1300.

You might want to think about whether you want to have another child straight away as well, as a double buggy may suit too.

Advertisement