Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Mark Chopper Read

Options
  • 09-10-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

(Don't know if it's been posted already so mods, do your thang if needed)

RIP Uncle Chop Chop.
    Mark Read died after a battle with liver cancer. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I've read all his books which showed a decent bloke running side by side with a complete pyshco.
    You'll be racketeering in Heaven.
    Here's some of his wise(?) words:
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=IE#/watch?v=XpQeZEmien4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The film about his life was fairly good, Eric Bana played the part well.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Thanks for the post on this, this thread died a death because of the one on AH, posted two minutes after this, I swear.
    Ah sure. *tumbleweed*

Yeah, saw the movie and read a few of his books. Turned his life around somewhat but was stiller a pure header.
    The books are well worth a read if you havnt already read them, he can tell a story that's for sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well, I think your definition of celebrity doesn't match the general consensus on this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Birneybau wrote: »
    Well, I think your definition of celebrity doesn't match the general consensus on this forum :)

Nah mate, it doesn't match your criteria.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Dave H wrote: »
    Nah mate, it doesn't match your criteria.
    Well if Kim Kardashian can be regarded as a clebrity surely Chopper can.At least he wrote a few successfull books and had a film made about him.What did she do other than star in a sex video and get up the spout by a rapper?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Thread stays for now.

If you don't like it, don't bump it.

Advertisement