Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Philosophy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rayzor 3

As a student of philosophy I think it is a great idea to have it in secondary schools. Will add more later.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

Why don't you write an opinion on the state of Irish contemplative capacity and the benefit of a philosophical education. Do it for the 21st (UNESCO's international philosophy day). You would have to email them today to see if it could be done. opinions@thejournal.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD NOTE:
    Ordinarily we would not allow a petition thread in Philosophy, but this one has been allowed as an exception due to its unique purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gary L

Good man. Never going to happen though. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you must but I don't think the education system even tries to teach critical thinking. Obedient and malleable workers is the overall aim where our shadowy capitalist overlords are concerned.

P.s I couldn't sign [There was an error submitting your form. Please try again later.]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Signed and works ok on my end.
    Great idea here, something I have been moaning about for years. Philosophy and psychology should be taught in all schools.
    I would even say basic NLP too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

SIGNED... well done OP!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement