Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Insector

Options
  • 08-10-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's normal for a social welfare inspector to call to my house unannounced? I have applied for disability allowance back in July and this was the first I heard from them in relation to my claim. I am house sharing with one other person, I'm female and he's male so i'm wondering if they think we are a couple and hence the reason for the impromptu visit. Also, because my house mate works from home, he pays 450 of the rent and i just pay 250. That probably looks weird to them too so perhaps that's why they came? In fairness, the lady was really nice and not invasive at all, but i've never heard of them coming to the house for disability claims. Has anyone else heard of this?

Comments

Advertisement