Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue Query

Options
  • 08-10-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

When I was in with consultant last Friday 4th my due date he done a quick scan and also done a sweep. He said placenta was fine and there were lots of water around baby. I'm in for induction next Tuesday 15th. He told me to go back to my GP on this Friday for check up I will be 41weeks exactly, he said there was no point in going back into hospital as he is not gonna do anything with me. Its only now I'm starting to think should I not be getting another scan just to be sure placenta is still working well etc seeing as how I will not be induced for another 4 days after that. Am I worrying unnecessarily baby still moving fine etc but you hear these horror stories of babies dying in utero.............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

It's an estimated due date, it's not exact. So while you might be 4 days past the estimated date they gave you, your baby might be right on time for your body's own time frame.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I had no hospital appt between 36 and 41 weeks on my last,it is the norm but if you are anxious or worried just turn up at the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I had no hospital appt between 36 and 41 weeks on my last,it is the norm but if you are anxious or worried just turn up at the hospital.

I had an appointment every week for the last four weeks on mine... Weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

January wrote: »
    I had an appointment every week for the last four weeks on mine... Weird...

Yep same here!

Edit: and I wasn't high risk or anything like that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Yep same here!

Presuming you attend Sligo General - how would you rate the hospital/care so far if you don't mind me asking.

• Advertisement

Presuming you attend Sligo General - how would you rate the hospital/care so far if you don't mind me asking.

Hiya, I'm living in Dublin and attending Holles st. So unfortunately I can't give you my opinion on that one. I have however heard some very good opinions on the care... And also some not so good. I spose it all really depends on what doctor or midwife you get on the day....

I worked in Sligo general for few years a few years ago... but not in maternity.... There are a few consultant obstetricians... Dr langan is excellent if you choose to go to a consultant... The others... Well I don't think I'll comment... 1). Because I haven't experience of them and 2). Because I haven't heard anything worth a good comment....

Hiya, I'm living in Dublin and attending Holles st. So unfortunately I can't give you my opinion on that one. I have however heard some very good opinions on the care... And also some not so good. I spose it all really depends on what doctor or midwife you get on the day....

I worked in Sligo general for few years a few years ago... but not in maternity....

That's ok thanks for letting me know - was just curious more than anything. Like you I've heard a lot of people say it's excellent and that the staff are second to none and then others saying it's not not clean and the food is rubbish. But I think they are common complaints of every hospital and not the worst type of complaints either.

Holles St is meant to be a brilliant hospital though.

I worked in Sligo general for few years a few years ago... but not in maternity.... There are a few consultant obstetricians... Dr langan is excellent if you choose to go to a consultant... The others... Well I don't think I'll comment... 1). Because I haven't experience of them and 2). Because I haven't heard anything worth a good comment....

There are probably very few women that choose a consultant nowadays anyway...in my opinion you can't go wrong with a midwife unless you have known complications that is.

Holles St is meant to be a brilliant hospital though.

Lol... Like that opinions will always differ. I found some of the midwives in holles at dire in their communication techniques last time! And then I also found some of the younger midwives excellent and caring... Couldn't fault them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Holles st is fine:) I had 3 there.
    If you are private the accommodation is lovely too:)
    My issue was christmas fell in the middle and my other kids were early so I was not expected to go so far over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement