Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Help & Home Care

Options
  • 08-10-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

an elderly relative of mine is currently receiving care (around 2.5 hrs per week) that was organised by the Public Health Nurse. I believe that it is home help (as opposed to home care) that he is currently receiving, but I am not sure. However, his care needs are now becoming greater. He mostly needs help with general household tasks, shopping, preparing food etc at the moment, but will probably require a little help with personal hygiene shortly also.

What I am unclear about is the type or spectrum of care that is offered under the home help scheme and the home care scheme. My understanding is that home help relates primarily to household tasks, and home care relates more to nursing and personal hygiene care - is this correct? I just want to be clear about what type of care we should be trying to get for him when we approach his PHN again. Thanks xx

Comments

Advertisement