Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TizzBird F20 MiniPC Android media player with WiFi £35 (+ £8 delivery)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Only thing I can see "wrong" with it is that it's running Android gingerbread (2.3), not sure how much of an issue that is on a media player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Would you be able to run Netflix on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Waste of money, you'll only be annoyed with it in a few months.

will the powered usb port provide enough power to power an external usb hard-drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its not in the same price range at all, but something else to consider is an Ouya

Im using it as my XBMC box at the moment and I find it really good. Also has some interesting games on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

If you're looking for an android tv stick I would go for one that is best supported.

I have a first gen 802 (can't remember what it's called now) for about $35 and it is okay. Had it over year and still use it .
    Can be controlled from my phone. It's pretty useful for torrenting and watching 720p content. Can run Netflix somewhat, Streaming is fine, it's the navigation that is slow.

Cannot run xbmc. Pretty poor for web browsing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thread here,read the last couple of pages for info on the latest models.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056939401&page=12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I bought a raspberry pi + case + 16gb card for 45 euros, although now i use it for FreePBX.

Runs full XBMC with Openelec.

TBH the best media center is just a cheap Windows 7 Box with a GPU.

5 year old yoke has no problem playing anything, even 1080p content with 5.1 passthrough to my surround sound system.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

so what is the best and cheapest solution to getting Netflix on the telly without a pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Best and cheap are 2 different things but a Chromecast is very cheap and is the excellent for running Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Its not in the same price range at all, but something else to consider is an Ouya

Im using it as my XBMC box at the moment and I find it really good. Also has some interesting games on it too

I ordered one on Monday! Any other highlights?

Have you got 4OD or iPlayer working on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I ordered one on Monday! Any other highlights?

Have you got 4OD or iPlayer working on it?

Yeah, there is this really amazing local multiplayer game called "Soc-Car", Playing football with cars, what an idea! The guy who made it must be really cool ..... (not really, but it will be amazing by the time i'm done with it!)

I use a development build of XBMC, I saw recently that the released version had some licensing issues. Im sure I still have the apk so if you need it give me a shout.

There are some really fun games on it, my favorites are Bombsquad, Hidden in Plain Sight, Amazing Frog (stupid but lots of fun) and no brakes valet

Didnt do too much else with it. I havent tried either of the players you mention

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah, there is this really amazing local multiplayer game called "Soc-Car", Playing football with cars, what an idea! The guy who made it must be really cool ..... (not really, but it will be amazing by the time i'm done with it!)

I use a development build of XBMC, I saw recently that the released version had some licensing issues. Im sure I still have the apk so if you need it give me a shout.

There are some really fun games on it, my favorites are Bombsquad, Hidden in Plain Sight, Amazing Frog (stupid but lots of fun) and no brakes valet

Didnt do too much else with it. I havent tried either of the players you mention

Cool. I'll shoot you a PM once it arrives and I'm confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Techless wrote: »
    Would you be able to run Netflix on this ?

Got this today .. The user guide was in german. I've stumbled through so far and setup wifi and a few apps. The android media remote for it is tizzremote which I setup on my android phone which is good. otherwise you might need to put a usb keyboard in to type in wifi passwords etc.

Have setup netflix on it so far and works fine.

Be good to hear how other people get on and any other tips / tricks too

Thanks

LK --<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Got mine yesterday too. Didn't get long to play with it, but one issue is that I couldn't download anything. It seems to be an issue with the 1mobile market as even when I tried to download stuff through the browser it didn't work. I had to side load a different download manager and then I was able to download stuff off the web at least but the market still wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ballysheil

Should get mine tomorrow (a week early). There is an English language user guide at the tizzbird.se website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AJHowya

I just set my f20 up today and it seems to work fine except I can't get any external drives to connect to it. It doesn't seem to recognise when anything is connected.
    So I have to install a hdd into the f20 before it will work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

No. I tried mine with both a SD card and USB flash drive an it detected both no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sat_Down

picked one of these up for 30 quid shur how bad can it be. driving me demented ever since. 40d working perfectly from the website but for the life of me can't get rte player working. also issues installing apps as telling me i have in sufficient memory and to please check it out (at least it is polite) bit of a luddite and have done some reading about this and that but still none the wiser...any help greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sat_Down wrote: »
    picked one of these up for 30 quid shur how bad can it be. driving me demented ever since. 40d working perfectly from the website but for the life of me can't get rte player working. also issues installing apps as telling me i have in sufficient memory and to please check it out (at least it is polite) bit of a luddite and have done some reading about this and that but still none the wiser...any help greatly appreciated.

Have you tired the XL version of RTE Player? The standard one is rubbish and rarely works for me.

http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/

Advertisement