Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advise

Options
  • 08-10-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all,

I really need some advice as I have no clue what I can do.

First I started my new Job not knowing I was pregnant and when I found out Iwas already 8 week gone.

As I am not the skinniest person I started quiet early to show and I wantedto be honest so I told them when I was 12 weeks. I was very surprised by thereaction as there was nearly no reaction. I told my Manager and he said congratulationsand why are yoy telling me this? I was totally confused. Since then no wordabout it.

The the first appointment came up, first no problem as I took the day off.The day I came back, my Team Leader told me to put my appointments not on theend of the month, he was really pissed off. I told him that I don’t make theappointments but still he wants me to reschedule next time. When I told himupfront he was fine with the date.

So the atmosphere got a bit more uncomfortable since then but still no"word" about it.

Then my car broke down and my lovely hubby is driving first 40 min in onedirection to drop me of at work just to drive 40 back in the other direction tohis work and all back in the evening. This means we are min 12 hours on theway.

We don’t have that much money to just buy a new car even a very cheap one.Well, now the second appointment is due. I informed all relevant people aboutit and they wanted me of cause to use my holiday and my overtime for it. When Ihighlighted that I am entitled to get the time off without using my holidaysthey were not impressed. And the atmosphere got worst. Nobody is talking withme anymore and my TL started picking at me. It’s like he tries to prove that I don’tdo a good job. I would not mind to get fired to be honest as I really don’tlike it here but we need the money for the next 4 month. As well as we started looking for acar as I just don’t have the energy to for the more than 12 hours on the wayand then still do all the house stuff. It would be typical for me just to havea new car and then get fired.

So now I have seen that there is the possibility to go into maternity leave16 weeks before birth. That would mean only 1.5 month in this situation.

Do you have any advice? Is it possible just like that?

Its not only the pregnancy, if I would not be pregnant I would be out there searchingfor a new job as I really don’t like the people here, it was like this from thefirst day. But I can`t.

Any ideas what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

This is in the wrong forum. Employment rights it should be in and there is everything wrong with the way you're being treated!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

OK sorry, I will post it there.
    Thank you

Advertisement