Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Gated App

Options
  • 08-10-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I am looking to run a competition through our facebook page whereby you must "like" our page to enter the competition.

We have looked at woobox but are completely baffled by the process.

Can anyone recommend someone to help?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Their instructions are next to useless, I'm not surprised you're having problems.

You're essentially starting with a page which has 2 versions, a fan version and a non-fan version. You need to decide what content you're going to present within each version. The content can be html, image or a redirect URL.

What is it you're trying to show to people who have 'liked' your page? What are you going to show to people that haven't 'liked' your page.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I've used Rafflecopter for this. Very easy to set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Graham wrote: »
    What is it you're trying to show to people who have 'liked' your page? What are you going to show to people that haven't 'liked' your page.

Ultimately we are trying to get more people to "like" our facebook page. We have run competitions in the past with Like & Share but now see that there is a gated app that will ensure non fans of our page will "like" our page to get entered into the competition. From research you seem to be able to get more information on the new fans and thus tailor marketing towards them

Unfortunately we don't have the skill-set inhouse to put this together and was hoping to hire someone for the task. Any suggestions on who could help would be greatly appreciated or if someone wanted to do it as a nixer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Penguino wrote: »
    Ultimately we are trying to get more people to "like" our facebook page. We have run competitions in the past with Like & Share but now see that there is a gated app that will ensure non fans of our page will "like" our page to get entered into the competition. From research you seem to be able to get more information on the new fans and thus tailor marketing towards them

Unfortunately we don't have the skill-set inhouse to put this together and was hoping to hire someone for the task. Any suggestions on who could help would be greatly appreciated or if someone wanted to do it as a nixer

Sorry, I worded that badly.

The usual purpose of the gate is to incentivise likes. What's the incentive you're offering? A competition, special content or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Graham wrote: »
    Sorry, I worded that badly.

The usual purpose of the gate is to incentivise likes. What's the incentive you're offering? A competition, special content or something else?

Yes we would be running a competition. Along the lines of "Win a prize for you and for 4 of your friends". If we can get entrants to Like our page and to reward them for sharing with friends by allowing them to have an extra entry for each friend of theirs that inturn likes the page

I hope this makes sense

• Advertisement
Advertisement