Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoke green vs green smoke

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

ok im off the fags four weeks now :) the only thing that has ever worked for me is these e cigarettes after 20 years of smoking marlboro and amberleaf so now im wondering which is the best of these brands so ive started this thread for some enlightenment and hopefully some people will give there 2 cents worth on which ones are the best to buy and if you can inter change cartridges between certain brands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You'll get a better answer from the ladies and gents in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

smoke green vs green smoke

Honestly - probably neither :p

None of the cig-alikes give half as much satisfaction as something like an EGO battery and a refillable tank, yes its bigger than a regular cigarette, but also got about 3 times the battery life and can burn hotter/longer = more satisfying "smoke"

On your other question though, SOME carts are interchangeable with some batteries - its hit and miss with cig-alikes even though they are the same screw fitting have different connector heights.

However pretty much any 510 cartridge or tank will fit on another 510 battery.

I'm sure one of the guys will chime in with the highly recommend ego started kit around these parts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Would go for a kit like the below rather than a cigalike. There's really no comparison when it comes to performance and battery life between the two.
    http://www.vaperus.ie/starter-vaping-kits/341-the-twist-kit.html

If you have made your mind up to stay with a cigalike then the one below is probably one of the best and handiest and a great price tbh with 80 mls of liquid.
    http://stopsmoke.ie/ecig-shop/electronic-cigarette-shop/innokin-itaste-aio-pcc-510-plus-flavourpack-product.html
    hairyface wrote: »
    ok im off the fags four weeks now :) the only thing that has ever worked for me is these e cigarettes after 20 years of smoking marlboro and amberleaf so now im wondering which is the best of these brands so ive started this thread for some enlightenment and hopefully some people will give there 2 cents worth on which ones are the best to buy and if you can inter change cartridges between certain brands

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Also you can chang. Any cartridges that have a 510 connection, however outbid much cheaper and tastier to buy some eliquid and refill the cartridges ( cartomizers ) yourself .

quote="hairyface;86913288"]ok im off the fags four weeks now :) the only thing that has ever worked for me is these e cigarettes after 20 years of smoking marlboro and amberleaf so now im wondering which is the best of these brands so ive started this thread for some enlightenment and hopefully some people will give there 2 cents worth on which ones are the best to buy and if you can inter change cartridges between certain brands[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Better deal - guaranteed genuine Joyetech batteries and what amounts to almost €30 worth of eliquid plus a carry case and choice of clearomizers;
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Yogic wrote: »

What a v strange website! Some craaazy claims made there and that pic of mom n pop with e-cigs in hand avec bambino... Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice...
    Any address for them? EDIT: Dublin 9. Still a really strange website...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bumikx

I tried many of the e cigarettes on my start year ago, tried green smokes as well and I can confirm that using original joytech ecigarretes is the best experience. you have long way to do, order the right ecigarrete, start playing with different kinds of catomizers & the most importent is to finding the good place to get the best liquids.
    Long & fascinating journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MickelRants

csi vegas wrote: »
    What a v strange website! Some craaazy claims made there and that pic of mom n pop with e-cigs in hand avec bambino... Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice...
    Any address for them? EDIT: Dublin 9. Still a really strange website...

I bought from this site...standard service...you buy they deliver... delivered in 48 hours....

Didn't really read the crazy claims... but I looked over the site again ... the mom and pop with kid wasn't there when I ordered and does seem a little erm... contentious... to say the least... I think they are clearly trying to wind some folks up...

But I cant find any crazy claims to be honest... then again I didn't know what you were referring to.

Yogic wrote: »
    Would go for a kit like the below rather than a cigalike. There's really no comparison when it comes to performance and battery life between the two.
    http://www.vaperus.ie/starter-vaping-kits/341-the-twist-kit.html

If you have made your mind up to stay with a cigalike then the one below is probably one of the best and handiest and a great price tbh with 80 mls of liquid.
    http://stopsmoke.ie/ecig-shop/electronic-cigarette-shop/innokin-itaste-aio-pcc-510-plus-flavourpack-product.html

That innokin is available on other sites for 45 quid... its 70 quid on the stopsmoke site....

was.deevey wrote: »
    Honestly - probably neither :p

None of the cig-alikes give half as much satisfaction as something like an EGO battery and a refillable tank, yes its bigger than a regular cigarette, but also got about 3 times the battery life and can burn hotter/longer = more satisfying "smoke"

You'd have to agree with this eGo is the way to go... but folks want an interim and the cigalikes give that... y'know this yourself... you packed in the fags...so did I...and doubtless your first vaping unit was a cigalike too! Its a learning process and I think a good cigalike enables that....

• Advertisement

I know that ... I did start on pre-filled cig-alikes, and spent a bloody fortune on them just to end up giving myself an excuse to go back on the fags in no-time due to them:

1. Lasting 2 hours between uses.
    2. Filler Burning quickly.
    3. Crappy Taste (off pre-filled carts).
    4. Not enough heat in the vapor & too much at the tip.

Basically all of the above combined did not satisfy the cravings whatsoever.

I find the cig-alikes are a bit like eating salads every meal when you are on a diet, but you can only convince yourself for so long that they actually taste good before reverting to a big steak and chips.≈

Are the cig-alikes a learning process ? perhaps, if the person using them:

1. Is genuinely 100% wanting off the fags and is willing to get only 50% of the satisfaction of fags.
    2. Is fully aware its literally a short term "get you by" disposable and they WILL be upgrading.

I've seen more people give up vaping, and will never try again because of bad experience with cig-alikes, and their attitude is basically "I tried them things, never worked".

I just hate to see someone else throw their money down the drain on a 3 euro cig-alike in a 30 euro package. (yes, you can get them for appx $4 or less boxed with a charger and 5 pre-filled carts from the factory with your own branding over 500 pcs).

At least with an EGO battery you have the option of:

1. Bazillion tanks, clears, RBA's.
    2. Decent wattage which means descent heat, and decent vapor
    3. Most of all, you change your smoking habit completely, the hand to mouth action is there, but not exactly the same. My personal feeling on this is that it feels FAR weirder to smoke a cigarette after a short time with an ego (or other mod) and you are less inclined to go back on them.

I know that ... I did start on pre-filled cig-alikes, and spent a bloody fortune on them just to end up giving myself an excuse to go back on the fags in no-time due to them:

We all did... so I suppose you could say e-cigs are a gateway alright...to better ecigs.

It rately the case that anyone buys an ego or mod as their first step into vaping... and the VIP, Green Smoke and cigalike way is the intro... I'll admit it is not perfect.... and most of those folks have a bad experience... I did that the very reason I packed in the cigalikes for a vamo...

But for every me or you there are likely 10 that end up back on the fags...

Personally I think vaping is a lot better than no vaping or no fags... but thats just me.... (ohha and millions like me...and prob you)

My personal feeling on this is that it feels FAR weirder to smoke a cigarette after a short time with an ego (or other mod) and you are less inclined to go back on them.

On that, a rather funny story... a friend of mine decided to pay me a visit a while back and as a smoker asked if he could 'have a bash' at the old e-cig malarkey... So there he was sitting in my computer room having a vape, and I sort of forgot about him for a few minutes while I was fraggin a few polygons on the old xbox... and looking about rather worryingly... and then asked if I had an ashtray.... [rolls eyes]

That was on a standard ego...looks nothing like an cigarette or cigalike...and still he considered somehow he might need a piece of kit we no longer use in our house. Not to mention he still hadn't worked out there was no ash... with the bloody thing sitting in his hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

Use skycig meself, used to order online but their selling in a number of shops here now, 6 months off the stinky sticks now and dont even bother vaping during the week only at the weekend when Im havin a beer, the kit is handy for goin to the pub you can have 1 battery charging in the box while using the other 1, http://m.skycig.co.uk/freedom

Use skycig meself, used to order online but their selling in a number of shops here now, 6 months off the stinky sticks now and dont even bother vaping during the week only at the weekend when Im havin a beer, the kit is handy for goin to the pub you can have 1 battery charging in the box while using the other 1, http://m.skycig.co.uk/freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Sorry, what was that you said, didn't catch it the first time, nor the second time......nor the third time....could you type more slowly and less often please :)

Sorry, what was that you said, didn't catch it the first time, nor the second time......nor the third time....could you type more slowly and less often please

must be too much nicotine in dem tings :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Or not enough, ya gotta do it three times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

i completely forgot about this thread anyway i still on the smoke green now since september last and im only spending 20 euro a week compared to buying 2 boxs of amber leaf a day and i dont think ill ever go back

the smoke green has done its job the only problem now is giving up the ecig
    thanks everyone for your input and advice but i dont think ill invest in those other and better products but time will tell:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The main thing is to kick the cig's ;) so good stuff.

You don't have to go further with vaping gear, but I would say, if you plan to keep buying the smoke greens, they're as expensive as other options.

I started on the smoke greens myself, just over a year ago :) Not one cig smoked in that time. I was on them for about 2 months before I started to really look into other alternatives - I found I was flying though packs of their carts, and at 8.99 a go, and had to buy a few spare batteries on top because they kept dying - it wasn't exactly cheap towards a good ego starting kit, for example.

Anyways, keep it up, whichever way you choose to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ladsmammy

The main thing is to kick the cig's ;) so good stuff.

You don't have to go further with vaping gear, but I would say, if you plan to keep buying the smoke greens, they're as expensive as other options.

I started on the smoke greens myself, just over a year ago :) Not one cig smoked in that time. I was on them for about 2 months before I started to really look into other alternatives - I found I was flying though packs of their carts, and at 8.99 a go, and had to buy a few spare batteries on top because they kept dying - it wasn't exactly cheap towards a good ego starting kit, for example.

Anyways, keep it up, whichever way you choose to go.

Have you ever found a liquid that tastes like the smoke green tobacco flavour ??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

ok bit the bullet and moved to vaping bought the ego t ce4 starter kit for a tenner and juice for 2.99 works out alot cheaper than the green smoke option now ive just to find out what flavour i like the best i have tried red ( marlboro) and it tastes like curry powder tried mint bubble gum and it doesnt taste like bubble gum to me so im just waiting for my cuban cigar to come in the post anybody got an idea of some nice flavours to try

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

ok bit the bullet and moved to vaping bought the ego t ce4 starter kit for a tenner and juice for 2.99 works out alot cheaper than the green smoke option now ive just to find out what flavour i like the best i have tried red ( marlboro) and it tastes like curry powder tried mint bubble gum and it doesnt taste like bubble gum to me so im just waiting for my cuban cigar to come in the post anybody got an idea of some nice flavours to try

What type of flavours do you like?

For tobaccos I'd go here. Being natural extractions they're the most authentic, but you have to be using a clearo with replaceable coils/heads or else buying new clearos will get expensive because those juices gunk coils fast.

Juicy Fruit Stripe from ESI tastes like Juicy Fruit gum.

Advertisement