Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ability To Edit My Own Thread

Options
  • 07-10-2013 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have a sticky thread in the Satellite Forum, LINK HERE.

The thread has been locked to stop people discussing stuff on the thread, and rightly so, it is for reference only. The only problem is that the frequencies on the table I have created can change daily and keeping it up to date can be a pain, especially when I have to PM a mod to get them to do it and this in itself can take days before it is actioned.

I'm posting this to ask if there is any way I can be given some sort of permission to access the thread and be able to edit the information on it as and when I need to to keep it up to date? I have checked up on phpBB forums (which I believe this site uses) and have been the moderator on a few phpBB forums on websites before and am pretty sure there is an option somewhere in the settings to assign certain privileges to individual users, and there surely must be a setting somewhere to allow only certain users to edit particular threads. It may involve making me some sort of "Moderator Lite" and I would have no other privileges than to edit this one thread and apart from that would be a bog standard user, and this I would be absolutely fine with. I certainly wouldn't expect the Admins to make me a normal moderator!

I hope something can be done to make running the thread a little easier to manage. I'm sure the existing mods would also be glad not to have me PM'img them all the time to update the table code, and it would certainly help having the updates being instant instead of being a few days behind and, in some cases, requiring changing again by the time they are changed for the first time!

Many thanks for your time. :)

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

We don't have the ability to grant moderator privileges on that granular a basis, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

Are there no settings for the thread itself to allow only mods, and myself of course, to edit it?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nope, that's what I mean by granularity. Privileges are assigned on a forum-by-forum basis. You can't edit a locked thread in a forum unless you're a moderator of the forum.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Can I suggest you move the table to a google doc, which you can then edit at will?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement