Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River island management recruitment event

Options
  • 07-10-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering can someone help or advise me on de ri management events tat are happening the 9th and 10th of October... Wat happens at them? Wat should I wear? And wat type of mgmt positions are Der??
    Any help at all please:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kittun87

Anyone???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Kittun87, there is no need to bump threads after two hours.

Oppps sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I dont have any connection with RI but from working in Fashion retail, I'd say:

Walk in to your local store and see what the staff are wearing, are they mostly wearing the lead story or are the outfits more personal, take your cue from this.

Know your trends and micro trends.

Are you a retail manager already? If so do a floor walk and service evaluation in your local store and get a feel for the stores service principles.

Know your top 5 KPIs and your P&L for last year etc.

And be able to describe how you inspire your staff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went to this accidentally today! I was in the store on Grafton St and then got chatting to the girl there. It was literally a table with fliers on it, and a girl, don't know if she was HR or just management, standing at it. I just went up and had a little chat with her. It's not like an open call interview or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i went in expecting it to be a lot more, but for somone to just be standing there to ask you just to fill out a form and ask you very minor questions relevant to the job was odd:rolleyes: i was kind of p*ssed off as i made an effort in regards to bringing an actual portfolio of the work iv done with visual merchandising etc .

the questions the girl was asking where the type of question you would of preferred to answer in a separate room as to where you could explain without feeling a little intimidated with surroundings etc!! i felt like i wasnt given a chance to explain my self!! asking what was the anual turn over of my current company and what where the common upt sales and day to day targets!!!

Hi thanks for you reply!

I felt the same very hard to sell yourself in 5 minutes on the shop floor!!

Have you heard anything back from them??

Advertisement