Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for War records and information on James Cecil Parke

Options
  • 07-10-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello all i am new to researching the histories of peoples lives and was wondering if anyone had any information on how i could find such info. I did look on both Ancestry and the national archives however i would like to avoid paying subscriptions if possible. Would anyone here have access to such sites and be willing to look ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Hello all i am new to researching the histories of peoples lives and was wondering if anyone had any information on how i could find such info. I did look on both Ancestry and the national archives however i would like to avoid paying subscriptions if possible. Would anyone here have access to such sites and be willing to look ?
    Some idea of dates and places would be very helpful.....
    Thanks.
    This James Cecil Parke? ......
    James Cecil Parke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cecil_Parke
    James Cecil Parke (26 July 1881 – 27 February 1946) was an Irish rugby player, tennis player, golfer and Olympic medallist. Parke was born in Clones,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JamesCParke

yes thats him i know he served with the Leinster regiment and was commissioned in Sept 1914 as a captain.

Thanks very much for your help, i had previously come across the first three sites with regards to information on Parke however the third is new. Hopefully i may be able to get some more help from others with regards to finding out as much as is possible about his service record and life etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hopefully i may be able to get some more help from others with regards to finding out as much as is possible about his service record and life etc

Unfortunately if you aren't willing to pay then you won't find much. The major subscription sites usually offer a 14 day free trial though which should be loads of time to find him.

• Advertisement

Ok Thanks i might try that

Would anyone know where to get a picture of him in uniform if possible ? Or be able to see if he wrote letters home etc ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Would anyone know where to get a picture of him in uniform if possible ? Or be able to see if he wrote letters home etc ?

You'd have to contact Kew or possible go there or have someone else go there to check for photos (thoughj unlikely that they'd have much in the way of photos IMO)

If he wrote letters home then the only people who would know are those that received the letters (unless someone has already collected and published them I guess)

Ok Thanks Alot for your help.

Advertisement