Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing but...

Options
  • 07-10-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Going back here this weekend. 32 km's of nothing but sand and dunes.
    Haven't shot a photo in anger in about 4 months. Time to stock up and use some slide film. Nothing else quite does it justice. Twice I've come away after shooting C41 and B&W and felt let down by them compared to Noosixty's slides
    Some of Mad Max was shot here too, at "Tin City" so finally going to have time to explore the 12-14 tin fishing shacks and camp out with a fire pit, a bottle of whiskey, a BBQ and the stars and moon overhead.

We'll finally have the time to fully explore the dunes and photographing them over 2 days. Hopefully some new bits and pieces for the ETRSi will be here in time. I'll be lucky not to lose a darkslide in a sand dune this time though.

Then have to wait another 3 weeks before I get back from work to scan in my slides....

Pointless thread I know. I'm just excited to come back from the desert after 3 weeks working.....only to go look at more sand?

7920600108_34f3a5562d_c.jpg

7920594592_f606251a06_c.jpg

7995657430_28a2d8dcac_c.jpg

7920571592_8a53e75f19_c.jpg

8639207479_09ee619bab_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I really like the one with the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

not mad on the first one, but the others look great. The one with fence has the look of snow rather than sand ; enjoy , i too love desserts , think it is the arid peace/nothingness of it all - get the **** away from it all, which I could do with now myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I really like the one with the fence.

Me too, reminds me of the film Fargo. Really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

11811 wrote: »
    Me too, reminds me of the film Fargo. Really nice.

Thats gas, I only watched that again on Sunday night. Great film.
    Love the third one too. Was in Death Valley years ago but sans camera unfortunately. Would love to head somewhere like this again for a few days. Lucky you.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Beautiful inspiring work as usual Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Fantastic shots, where is this ? I Googled Tin City, NSW Australia ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Tin City is just 14 tin fishing shacks on a beach that started out as 2 shacks back in the depression. It's on Stockton Beach Near Nelsons Bay/Anna Bay.

The first shot is my venerable old Landcruiser & accommodation for the weekend.

The fence shot does has an odd cast to it. I shot it on a new (to me) Nikonos underwater camera I'd just got on some REALLY expensive film. The metering works in an unusual way because its an UW camera.

Advertisement