Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of DNS (Vodafone) causes blank web page

Options
  • 07-10-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

Been searching the web for an answer to this, but not having much look.

I had been using OpenDNS server address on my router for a few years as it was an easy way of setting some parental filters on the home network. Last week I changed my home broadband package to Vodafone and started using their DNS servers (auto configuration) and noticed one site I regularly visit, moviepilot.com, will only load a blank page, no matter what browser/device/PC I use. Haven't discovered any other sites that behave this way yet.

I changed back to OpenDNS address and the site loads just fine. It's not really a big deal, just bugging me to know why it happens. Any ideas?

Bren

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What does the site resolve to with each DNS server for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bren_s

Whichever DNS I use I get: moviepilot.com is 5.9.75.223

I can still 'rightclick' on the blank page and see the full source code, so the site is there, just can't view it. Wierd?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It won't open either using Google DNS. From the looks of their page, it's simply fundamentally badly designed.

yeah, it always seemed a bit buggy and they are constantly messing with the layout, with a new look or feel to it every couple of months.

looks like they've sorted it (on Vodafone DNS anyway), site still buggy as hell though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement