Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone use the TES in getting teaching work in the UK

Options
  • 07-10-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello, I have been hearing mixed reviews of all the agencies for getting teaching work in the UK, just wondering has anyone had success using the TES, looking for a permanent job in job in the UK at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

dart1980 wrote: »
    Hello, I have been hearing mixed reviews of all the agencies for getting teaching work in the UK, just wondering has anyone had success using the TES, looking for a permanent job in job in the UK at the moment.

If you are living in the UK it is a great resource for finding jobs. The benefit of using an agency initially is that they handle all the paperwork, and some will cover your travel expenses over for interviews if you are living in Ireland.

A school you find through TES is less likely to do this. Although there will be more permanent jobs available through TES.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dart1980

Yes i have seen alot of permanent jobs available on the Tes website, the agency looks like the easier option, but wheter it is the best in the long is another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

dart1980 wrote: »
    Yes i have seen alot of permanent jobs available on the Tes website, the agency looks like the easier option, but wheter it is the best in the long is another issue.

Use them as a platform to get into the system, you can then search for your own job. This could be one course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

I agree with Dave0301. Using an agency is handy in terms of CRB check, setting up interviews etc. Plus they reimburse you for any overnights/ flights while you interview. Worth using them as a crutch until you get to know the UK system.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Green_Zero

I went through TES and got a job on my second interview.
    I would have had to go through an agency after that interview as I couldn't afford any more flights over for interviews.

I'm on Outer London M1 so it's not a lot but it's a full time contract so I know I'll be getting paid that for all my holidays as well.
    I've the option to opt out of pension payments which will be another £150 a month if I decide to do that which I think I will so I'll then be on about £1700 a month take home.

Paying £450 a month for rent but thinking of moving somewhere more central so that will probably increase to 550 or so.

Highly recommend going without an agency if you can afford to get yourself over for an interview or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

The agency I went with do permanent jobs! It's their speciality and they look for the type of school you want eg academy, Catholic etc!! If he want any details just PM me :)

Advertisement