Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Suir Welfare Hollycross to Golden area

Options
  • 07-10-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Having recently taken a trip down this stretch of river, I was suprised at how much you miss of this great river when only viewing from the road.

Although the srtetch is reasonably clean I wasnt that suprised to see the usual debris of plastic, bottles, beer cans and the likes.

Although I am a keen angler I have not yet fished this stretch or for that matter fly fished at all, but have been told of the great fish this river produces and is something I would look to do in the future.

What I am looking to do is setup a blog/site that records some of the great sights/animals along this stretch and whilst doing this clear the litter from the river on my travels.

I wonder do I need a license or permission to do this?

Any thoughts or views welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

adster1982 wrote: »
    Having recently taken a trip down this stretch of river, I was suprised at how much you miss of this great river when only viewing from the road.

Although the srtetch is reasonably clean I wasnt that suprised to see the usual debris of plastic, bottles, beer cans and the likes.

Although I am a keen angler I have not yet fished this stretch or for that matter fly fished at all, but have been told of the great fish this river produces and is something I would look to do in the future.

What I am looking to do is setup a blog/site that records some of the great sights/animals along this stretch and whilst doing this clear the litter from the river on my travels.

I wonder do I need a license or permission to do this?

Any thoughts or views welcome

Think you could work away picking up litter can't see too many complaining about that. And recording wildlife shouldn't be a problem either. However to fish you would need a club membership or day ticket. Think that stretch is cashel, golden and tipp anglers. Some lovely water. Although big trout are hard got few and far between. Like all rivers fly life has fallen off due to pollution and agricultural practises.

Advertisement