Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish to close my account, and delete the content that I have posted.

Options
  • 07-10-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I wish to make a request for my account to be closed and for the content to be deleted. I request this on the basis of privacy issues but also terms and conditions. I wish not to be held liable for any content over the entire course of my membership, and I wish to withdraw contributions based on the terms and conditions and the indemnity I hold over my posts.

It might help to note that I didn't post a lot on this forum. I have only posted three threads, one of which only got one response, while the other two did not get any response.

I am very sorry to bother yeah about this, but I would much appreciate this.

Tommy.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moved from forum requests.

There is a close account button in your user control panel that will remove your personal information from boards.ie in accordance with a user's "right to be forgotten".

as for the posts:

from the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up to boards:
    Please do not post any information you are not happy to leave up indefinitely. In order to ensure that threads and conversations are not disrupted, we do not generally remove Material which is uploaded to us. Consequently, you agree that your Material displayed on boards.ie may continue to appear on boards.ie, even after you have terminated your user privileges or have had your user privileges terminated by boards.ie.

however, given the relatively short time period and the small amount of posts/responses your best bet may be to contact the mods of the forums you posted on and request (that's request, not demand or say an admin said so :D) that they delete X or Y post (provide them with a link to it to make their life easier please).

This isn't to be awkward but its not a step we usually take so we have to deal with each case individually (there was a similar request, with very similar wording in fact, recently from a user with over 8000 posts)

If you have a legal reason for wanting the posts removed, please contact hello@boards.ie to make the request to a community manager (one of the office denizens) who I am sure will be happy to accommodate you in any way they can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement