Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling items on ebay is becoming cost prohibitive due to An Post rates...

Options
  • 06-10-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

I have not sold anything on ebay in a long while, anyways i have computer parts to sell and as i was putting up the ads i said i had better check postal rates to the uk as well as Ireland.

One part weighed in at 1.2kg and it would be a parcel... but after choosing parcel and registered post to the uk it works out at €29! :eek: - this is more than the part is worth!

Sweet jesus, an post have raised their rates a bit!

Any other options for sending parcels to the UK or any idea on getting this price down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Postplus.ie are €20 , but are you sure the parcel is bigger than this :
    Maximum dimensions: for a packet are a combined length, height and depth of 900mm.
    No individual dimension can exceed 600mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Postplus.ie are €20 , but are you sure the parcel is bigger than this :

I take it that site is now renamed to Parcel Connect? - thats what it seems to be linking to?

Are they just basically fastway? - anyone use them regularly and vouch for a decent service by them.

They are deffo cheaper for both uk and ireland so looks good so far.

I have had trouble with incoming packages through fastway before though!

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Parcel Connect are Fastway Couriers. I used to use them regularly, as they used to be cheaper than An Post, but since they switched to a 'drop off' model (instead of collecting from you) I've gone back to An Post.

I was however speaking to one of their drivers recently, and you can bulk buy the labels in advance and then they'll collect, but it wasn't worthwhile for me as I was only sending parcels intermittently.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

GLS by far cheapest in Ireland at the moment.
    I started using DPD --> Followed by Fastway and now GLS.

Depends on the volume you are selling - currently getting up to 30kg anywhere in Ireland for €4.50

Advertisement