Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod ignoring PMs

Options
  • 06-10-2013 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I was banned from the golf forum by Greebo and sent a PM requesting more information as to why?, I sent it yesterday and he has since been on boards and posted in numerous threads, yet he has chosen to ignore my PM and not response to said PM, I wonder is this a tactic by certain mods to piss off certain people in an attempt to gain a further negative reaction from that person in the hopes that it will lead to a permaban.
    TBH I think it's the height of ignorance to completely ignore a PM especially when carrying out ones duties as a mod.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We generally tend to ask Mods to respond within 48 hours, but you also have to factor in at weekends/holidays that it may be longer.

People post from mobiles, tablets and all sorts of devices. They're not nessecarily suited to PM discussions. There may also be background work to be on on a PM.

Frankly, though, sometimes yes they will be ignored if the content is abusive, irrelevant or irksome. Having seen your recent conduct, I can imagine why that may be a possibility.

Right now the only person pushing you closer to action being taken is..you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement