Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing Drivers Seat 2001 Honda Civic

Options
  • 06-10-2013 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hope this is the right place.

I'm looking for the drivers seat for a 5 door Hatchback, 1.4 Honda Civic.
    EP1. 2001 - 2005.
    Visited / rang all the breakers in Dublin, but to no avail. They only seem to have 3 door or Saloon models.

Any help would be great as my husbands back is destroyed driving the car longer than half an hour.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,140 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is the seat from a saloon really different to one from a hatchback?

Either way, you might find that a seat from another model (e.g. Rover) or even make might fit OK.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Esel wrote: »

Either way, you might find that a seat from another model (e.g. Rover) or even make might fit OK.

Try part finder . ie or the UK site or try traynors in NI

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good point on the rover, they make great supportive seats, but isn't that the old model civic.

I'd imagine the newer 5 door is specific to that model. A 3 door seat may fit if the rails are the same

Does your car have side airbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Esel wrote: »

I don't think the rover seats will fit. Even if the op had an older rover shape civic I think the seat still wouldn't fit.

Apart from that it would be a complete mismatch to the rest of the interior. The rover seats are also very soft which you would think would make them more comfortable. Imo though rover made them too soft and they lack support as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Way off topic, but the 45 used the 75 seats which were great seats, rover put a lot of effort into good seats to be fair to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

The 3 door seats are no good as these have a mechanism that allow the tilt and slide forward of the seat for access to the rear. Not what you want in a 5 door.

The saloon is a different car (UK built versus Jap built) and uses different shapes.

Now OP, I've just checked partfinder.ie and found 7 x 1.4 5 door hatches (EU1) from 2003 being broken. I'd check again.

BTW, I assume your chassis code is an EU1 rather than an EP1 (EP being the 3 door hatch).

Advertisement