Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Nokia 3120 need help

Options
  • 05-10-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have an old Nokia 3120 (not the classic model)
    Dropped it from a height during the week and doesn't work anymore.
    When I opened it I discovered that the motherboard is cracked and also the display screen. Sim card and battery are both intact.
    Problem is many of my numbers and reminders are stored in the phone memory.
    Is there any way I can retrieve these, now that the phone cannot be switched on. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Changing the board will mean you lose the numbers,, so only thing you could do is check that sim doesn't have any on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Thanks for reply.
    The sim is intact and has about half of my numbers.
    The other half are stored in the phone memory, ie the motherboard.
    Is there any way I can retrieve these.?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

washman3 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply.
    The sim is intact and has about half of my numbers.
    The other half are stored in the phone memory, ie the motherboard.
    Is there any way I can retrieve these.?

If the board is damaged I can't think of anything you can do. You might get some back from your network call logs/bills but will not be all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I feared that would be the outcome all right.:(
    My knowledge of mobiles is very limited.!!
    Many thanks for taking the time to help anyway.
    Much appreciated.

Advertisement