Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlecomer Challenge 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

See you there hopefully.

Has been a brilliantly run event every time I've been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

ashleey wrote: »
    See you there hopefully.

Yeah, well worth participating even for the food treat alone ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭JMcL

Hope to make this one this year. Whereabouts are the GAA grounds in Castlecomer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Charlie69

JMcL wrote: »
    Hope to make this one this year. Whereabouts are the GAA grounds in Castlecomer?

About a mile out of town on the Kilkenny road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

ashleey wrote: »
    See you there hopefully.

meet u there Ashleey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

BOMP

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Gutted I won't get to do this year as working the weekend - enjoyed it last 2 years, and I owe firoda hill a payback, as she caught me when I was at a low ebb last year.
    Great end of season spin, nice club, and good grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CB93

Just four days to go now, and the organising is getting really exciting!!

Forde's Eurospar Castlecomer are on board again for the 5th year in a row to help with supplying the food. So no shortage of supplies at this one.

And the weather is shaping up to be very nice also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

Well done to all involved today. It was a pity about the weather, ye deserved a better day cos the organisation and grub was excellent.

Thanks to all involved, see ye in 2014 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭fazer1

upthe19th wrote: »
    Well done to all involved today. It was a pity about the weather, ye deserved a better day cos the organisation and grub was excellent.

Ditto:)
    Food and marshaling top notch really well run, yeah pity about the weather but I suppose it's the first year it rained on this event!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭nilhg

upthe19th wrote: »

fazer1 wrote: »
    Ditto:)
    Food and marshaling top notch really well run, yeah pity about the weather but I suppose it's the first year it rained on this event!

+1 to both these comments, the poor weather outlook this morning must have affected the crowd but as it turned out it wasn't too bad at all and the standard of the organisation and the friendly atmosphere deserved better, well done to Deenside Wheelers.

Nice to meet and spin with upthe19th and also to encounter that force of nature that is derealbadger.

A great way to close the sportive season for me and already in the list for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Did not notice the rain but got caught in the headwind section on my own today and man it hurt, but hot shower and even hotter curry at the end more than made up for it.

My congratulations to Deenside Wheelers for a well run event again, marshalling at junctions was first class. My thanks to all the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DUBintheSTICKS

Great event and well run, that curry was a lifesaver at the finish. Got caught on my own a few times but I have to thank a few lads from the Mount Leinster Wheelers who had a good group going, pulled me along after the food stop.

Also hope the lad from Marble City Cycles is ok, seemed to have shipped a heavy fall on the decent into Stradbally, didn't look too bad thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Ok this is the first time I have ever felt guilty after a sportive. The weather was nasty at the start and it took a while to get a group working at the front but once we got one going we made really good time. Food stop in Stradbally was spot on lots of handy stuff available for bringing with you on the bike cereal bars Mars bars and snickers great for jersey pocket was about to leave the food stop with the first group when Nilhg and upthe19th arrived so chatted to them for a few mins. Left solo but joined up with two guys then one a fellow Galway exile living in Paulstown the other a Kilkenny man sorry I didn't get the names lads I was feeling strong and did a lot of work into the wind as far as Ballyragget by which time we had caught a lot of the first group but my calf's were starting to tighten up a bit. Really enjoyed the spin 31kph Avg and have to say that it was the best marshalled event I did all year and as some know I did a lot of events. Curry was class at the end also but now we get to the guilt bit. Saw that there were massages available so said happy days may as well go get one of these expecting the usual 5 or 10 min rub down but this guy was on a whole different level Barry Ramsbottom I am sure you Deanside guys know him well but as they say it was my first experience and from when I stopped crying as the saying goes he was hurting me lovely in all seriousness this guy sorted out stuff that was a problem long before yesterday really really impressed and will be using him in a personal capacity in the future on a final note well done to all on a top class event. Oh I was in the new Boards.ie gear
    Regards
    Derealbadger

Advertisement