Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple ID/itunes help

Options
  • 05-10-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I got an ipod when I was younger, and set up an aple ID and itunes under my dad's name and details. Later on, i got a new pod and an ipad, and registerd them under his ID. Basically, most of the music on his itunes library is mine. However, I have now moved out and I want to set up my own ID and itunes, re-register my ipod and ipad with the new one, and take all of my music that is on my dad's itunes and put it on a new itunes under my name. Is this all possible, and,if so,how do i go about it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It is not possible. Those purchases are tied to that account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You can not transfer "ownership" of content to another iTunes account.

Note: it is illegal do remove DRM (FairPlay in Apple Newspeak) from iTunes conent. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 a.naughton

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Torqay wrote: »
    Note: it is illegal do remove DRM (FairPlay in Apple Newspeak) from iTunes conent. ;)

Isn't removing DRM part of the iTunes plus offering?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4839812?start=0&tstart=0

Like paying Apple an additional 30c per song to remove DRM??? FairPlay to their business model. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Torqay wrote: »
    Like paying Apple an additional 30c per song to remove DRM??? FairPlay to their business model. :D

Isn't it a case of subscribing to iTunes Match once, removing DRM, job done? Depends how many tracks you have as to whether you think it's worth it.

How does that mean 'it's illegal'?

OK, you win, removing DRM is legal (as long as you have your credit card at the ready).

Advertisement