Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is a tag?

Options
  • 05-10-2013 4:56pm

Hi All

I cant get head my around what a tag is? is it url??

thanks;)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Without knowing the context; it's generally nothing more than a label that applies to an item.

E.g. if you have a photograph you may add multiple tags:
    Bill & Ben
    Birthday Party
    Dublin
    Christmas 2012

If you had a document:
    Menu 2013
    Four Seasons Restaurant
    Birthday Party

It helps when later searching for items as you can search for all items with a specific tag. E.g. searching for all items with the "Birthday Party" tag could return the above menu and photograph.

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try and be more spefic. I was going create a website for bookmarking. However i have a domain name with tag in it and was just wondering would it make sense to create a site around the name tag.

;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Do a search for Social Bookmarking, see how your idea would compare and get an idea of the scale of the competition.

Have you a unique idea or are you just trying to find a business that fits around the word 'tag'?

Thanks,

Yes I have researched with different web tools and there seems to be a growing demand for this type of website. Yes its unique idea. My only concern was could i bulit a book marking site around the domain name i have.

for example tagger.com

Advertisement