Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had recurrent/persistent kidney infections?

Options
  • 05-10-2013 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and my gp diagnosed me with a kidney infection 2 weeks ago. He said there was alot of bloood in my urine sample and so he prescribed me a 7 day course of augmentin. I finished the tablets on tuesday and everything was going fine until this evening when the dreaded ache in my right flank/side started up again :( I never had kidney trouble before my pregnancy so I'm not sure what to do next. Would it be ok to wait until my gp is open on monday or should I go to the maternity if I get any worse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and my gp diagnosed me with a kidney infection 2 weeks ago. He said there was alot of bloood in my urine sample and so he prescribed me a 7 day course of augmentin. I finished the tablets on tuesday and everything was going fine until this evening when the dreaded ache in my right flank/side started up again :( I never had kidney trouble before my pregnancy so I'm not sure what to do next. Would it be ok to wait until my gp is open on monday or should I go to the maternity if I get any worse?
    Go to the maternity hospital - a high temperature isn't good for baba. They'll be able to give you IV antibiotics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

We can't give medical advice, if in doubt always give the maternity hospital a ring.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement