Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which bike to replace Giant Defy 3 (2010)

Options
  • 04-10-2013 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My beloved Giant Defy 3 (2010 model) was stolen from outside work (Kryptonite lock and all) about 4 weeks ago. I've been trawling online ad sites and reported to the Guards, etc but it's not coming back.

Really miss having a bike and want to get ready for winter club spins, etc so looking to pick up a new bike this weekend.

Budget: €1000, possibly up to €1200 for the right bike. Don't want to order online as I want the bike ASAP.

Only interested in buying new.

Obvious choice would be a Giant Defy again, but is there anything else I should consider in the price range? Also any recommendations on bike shops (Dublin area) most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

No particular bike to recommend but as I wouldn't want it to happen to you twice, you do know that much of the kryptonite lock range are little use? You need a good kryptonite rather than any kryptonite. I wouldn't trust any that aren't yellow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This will be my 3rd time recommending this bike in a day but I think it's unbeatable for the price at the minute.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/ridley-orion-7d7-105-road-bike/rp-prod104920

There are two other models available on the site, but for the life of my I can't tell the difference between them, but they are both abut €100 more expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Never mind, only available in small, ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Finneranjames

Hi all

My beloved Giant Defy 3 (2010 model) was stolen from outside work (Kryptonite lock and all) about 4 weeks ago. I've been trawling online ad sites and reported to the Guards, etc but it's not coming back.

Really miss having a bike and want to get ready for winter club spins, etc so looking to pick up a new bike this weekend.

Budget: €1000, possibly up to €1200 for the right bike. Don't want to order online as I want the bike ASAP.

Only interested in buying new.

Obvious choice would be a Giant Defy again, but is there anything else I should consider in the price range? Also any recommendations on bike shops (Dublin area) most welcome.

Thanks in advance

What bike did u get and where ????

Advertisement