Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile .....A Joke

Options
  • 04-10-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Just off the phone with Tesco mobile.They have released new price plans and i am on a sim only contract.I wanted to sign up for a 12 month contract on one of there new plans as it was half the price in paying now ...but surprise surprise its for new customers only.What an absolute joke i have been with Tesco 2 years and always paid my bill and my wife's bill on time even when putting up with crap like no service for 9 hours last Thursday.This is no way to treat your loyal customers and both myself and my wife are moving to meteor this weekend who have offered us a great deal.I urge anyone who is thinking of joining Tesco STAY WELL CLEAR.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Or leave to another network as PAYG and go back to tesco? Could probably be done in a day.

Nearly all carriers have new customer only deals, so what makes Tesco different to any other network?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 soccermad1

I was going to do that but they said i couldn't bring my number.i had to have one of their new numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

I wouldn't blame Tesco as all companies do stuff like this. Sky TV, mobile companies, broadband, electricity, insurance, etc. Netflix and Spotify give a month free to new users too. You always get deals when signing up to something for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

soccermad1 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Tesco mobile.They have released new price plans and i am on a sim only contract.I wanted to sign up for a 12 month contract on one of there new plans as it was half the price in paying now ...but surprise surprise its for new customers only.What an absolute joke i have been with Tesco 2 years and always paid my bill and my wife's bill on time even when putting up with crap like no service for 9 hours last Thursday.This is no way to treat your loyal customers and both myself and my wife are moving to meteor this weekend who have offered us a great deal.I urge anyone who is thinking of joining Tesco STAY WELL CLEAR.

Have a look at the Talk to...Tescomobile forum. There was a guy on there today who had the same problem as you. He worked through the reps there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, this is common with many companies.
    Frustrating when you've been with a company for years and they give someone new a better deal than you, but it's not just Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 sparky1981

Did have trouble there last week, but all good since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

I was going to do that but they said i couldn't bring my number.

That's illegal as far as I know. If you've paid your bills and aren't in contract you should be allowed to port your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

It's possible the phone agents aren't as accommodating for these requests or can't authorise it. I PM'd the Tesco Reps on their talk to forum and moved from an existing 12 month SIM to the new 12 month SIM (100% extra) with no bother last week.....

Now it's possible they have since restricted that to new customers only.
    EDIT - I see your OP date. Around the time I did the move so I'm surprised they didn't allow it.

Advertisement